For those whom have not seen one.....

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4068
Got this in today... Extremely stout and just a sec-c piece of machinery..

Will be powering my old Alpha 18's at .5 ohm....

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2587
very sec-c piece of maachinery u got there...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4069
uggg.. pictures didn't come out too good.. Used my backup camera. Will have to do. My EOS rebel is at the house and I am at work (building my temporary 2-12's box for the AQ's. The HW's should be on their way..

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3280
didn't a bunch of these get called back by Steve due to failing?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4071
news to me... link?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7426
lmk how you like it.. ive heard a lot of people not liking these.. starting to see a lot being resold..

a lot quicker than the v1s anyway

Gold Member

Post Number: 4072
It will be a while before it is hooked up... Got a lot of work to do on his p/u before I hook it up.. Sound Deadener, box build, electrical upgrades, ect.. Now he has the cab completely stripped out, carpet and all.. It is going in a 1995 Chevy ext cab. Anyone who has a good used alt to fit the 350, et me know and i'll pass it on to him.. This is a guy whom I got out of jail and he fell in love with my system when I gave him a ride... He works on a shrimp boat and makes decent money and came at me with cash, so I know he isn't full of chit... Just a young kid who hopes my Alpha 18's and this amp will be louder than his old 15" L5's (sealed on a hifonics bxi1208)... I said he MIGHT be able to surpass the ALL TIME GREATEST, KICKER SOLO-BARICS. lol I don't see any reason that I can't get him as loud/louder than I was in his ride with the correct enclosure and electrical...

Back to the amp... So long as it produces the rated power or better and can handle the .5 ohm load (before rise) daily, I don't think there will be a problem... I may see if he wants me to hook it up on my electrical and throw it on my HW's when they get installed. Will be similar ohm load.. I would like to compare it to my 5750 (by ear) to see how it does output wise..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4073

quote:

lmk how you like it.. ive heard a lot of people not liking these.. starting to see a lot being resold..

a lot quicker than the v1s anyway

I've seen most are being sold BNIB, which tells me that they were trying to make a buck with the presale price, or they got em while the gettin' was good and are now in a money bind.... Who knows, really..

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3281
http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15952

read some pages at the end.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4074
Thanks Snow... After reading as much as I could, I feel even better about it... Either way this amp is covered... The offer that Steve is doing is beyond anything I have seen... I could send this one back without even trying it out... That is a good company... I will install and try in hopes to not add to Steve's issues.. He will have his hands full to get what he already has to get taken care of...

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21543
I just pooped lol. Good stuff.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3282
I don't know about RD being better because they are making cheaper amps that fail on arrival, but if you like that cool.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4075
lol...yes Snow... That is exactly what I said... What a way to twist words around... Of course I don't want the amp to fail, but he has addressed the problem and offered a no questions asked solution.. Rd Audio is not impervious to mishaps in production. I understand that it is possible, but Steve has been good to me as well as many others. I look at track records when making expensive purchases. RD equipment has been proven to do what it says in my eyes and in the lanes. There are many great company's to choose from at this time... None are perfect and all have had customers who had bad experiences with their products. What truly matters is what the customer service does to address the problems or complaints... I wish Steve the best of luck dealing with this situation... I personally cant wait to put power to this thing, Fail or not, I have nothing to worry about...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15600
looks nice

hope it works out well 4u ...

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1848
they look pretty small. how long are they?

Username: Tmotor

Post Number: 8

quote:

lol...yes Snow... That is exactly what I said... What a way to twist words around... Of course I don't want the amp to fail, but he has addressed the problem and offered a no questions asked solution.. Rd Audio is not impervious to mishaps in production. I understand that it is possible, but Steve has been good to me as well as many others. I look at track records when making expensive purchases. RD equipment has been proven to do what it says in my eyes and in the lanes. There are many great company's to choose from at this time... None are perfect and all have had customers who had bad experiences with their products. What truly matters is what the customer service does to address the problems or complaints... I wish Steve the best of luck dealing with this situation... I personally cant wait to put power to this thing, Fail or not, I have nothing to worry about...

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4077
22"L x 10"W x 3"H actually it's a li bigger than I would have liked.. Weighs ~22#

maybe its the pillow that is throwing you off. The pillow is 4' long.lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 4078
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 664
I haven't hooked mine up yet, 260amp HO alt gets here in 3 days. Hopefully mine doesn't blow right away. But if Steve is sending new ones its all good. Looks amazing though.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3284
how is that twisting words around. that's what you said. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 964
yeah there having a full recall on the v2

still waiting on my v1 to get back to me :'(

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 176
is it jus the 3250v2 or all the new amps? i ordered the 1000.1. havent got it yet but im not liking the things im reading.

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 669
is the 1000.1 a version 2? I don't remember if Steve redesigned the 1000.1's as well?

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 177
yea its lot diff then the old model they have on their site.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7428
quentin.. gl on that :-).. i know of someone whos been waiting 6 months for a v1 3250.1 to get repaired

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 671
I haven't heard of the problem happening with any other model. But they haven't found the cause of it yet so who knows.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4079
Snow, I built a box for the AQ's and threw em in the Jeep on the 5750.1 @ 4 ohm. I have the amp cut way back as well. They play the uppers much better than the lows, but that probably has more to do with my enclosure.. Needless to say they are night and day compared to the Alphas. Already missin' em...
But really ready to get the New subs goin'..

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3285
Yeah the AQ's aren't known to get low at all. They recommended 36-40 hz for tuning.

And no sh*t they are night and day. 2 18's against 2 12's?

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 965
hahaha snow

i don't know what to pick on my next setup 2 18s or 6 12s

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2808
"Yeah the AQ's aren't known to get low at all. They recommended 36-40 hz for tuning"

Wasn't there a guy doing a 150 @ 30hz on a single hdc 15?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us