Ideas for SQL off 1200 watts?

Silver Member
Username: Skateguy92

Post Number: 102
Debating options if my revo doesnt work out for me.

Going in the back of an expedition.. space isnt too much of an issue but probably stick with 15's or smaller.

What would you put back there? I love loud of course but it has to sound good at the same time.

Price isnt too big of an issue either as im selling my old woofers if I do this so lets say ~400-500 max.

Old setup was 2 12" RE SE's

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5396
I don't get it... you have a Revo and you have doubts it will perform in this situation and you are exploring other possibilities if it doesn't? Are you mental?

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1839
2 12" kappa perfects very clean and very efficient and very under rated.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2122
2 15" re se's???

would be louder than 2 12's lol

what didnt the SE's do for you? not loud enough? need more low end?

what box were the SE's in? ive heard Jack Skellingtons SEs in a sealed box and they got plenty loud..

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
Yes I have a revo. I already installed it and it isnt to my likings so im trying a differnt box as soon as the weather stops being so shitty.

If I still dont like it in the other box then I will be getting rid of it.... Mental for getting something I like? Sure I guess.

I kind of wanted to go 1 woofer route and to get just 1 beefy 15" or something instead of the 2 mediocre 12" I had before. (kinda why I bought the revo but so far it hasnt impressed me)

Abarca I actually did think about going to the 15" SE's .... Dont get my wrong I loved them, I just like to switch things up after a while. They were in a couple of different ported boxes... I would like to get a little more low end, maybe the 15"s would do it.

Silver Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Colorado Springs/, CO

Post Number: 329
I have a 15" Sonance for sale if your interested

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 823
What were not to your likings about it? What amp are you using and at what load? What are the details on your previous box and your newly planned box?

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
Im using an AQ1200. The box its in now is a 1.5 sealed. The box im trying next I believe was a 1.75 at 34hz (old box i kept in the garage from a W7).

Woofer is wired to 1ohm.

Maybe a new box will fix it but it doesnt have near the output I expected from the revo. The box is solid and from 1200 watts I just expected alot more from this beefy woofer.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2800
check your other thread

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 885
This is where we need a moderator to close the thread. Why make a topic about the hypothetical when the original driver has not been used yet?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us