Running two different amps???

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1825
im looking to buy a rd3250 and run it with my at3000 to power 2 12" subs. will it sound bad if i do this as opposed to just running the one amp to power both subs?

i plan to set the gain to out = power. I plan to get another 3250 but i just dont have enough money right now for 2.

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 708
man thats a good question but i dont think it will make that much of a difference for now but what kind of speakers r u running first???

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1827
alphas. they like one 3k but they want more so i want to give it to em.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4056
definate no if they are in a common chamber box..

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1854
even if they was in a seperate chamber box you would need a O-Scope and several other things to set the power output the same...

btw i have a RD3250v2 for sale for 389 shipped if you act before tomarrow night :-)

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

If youre going to give...

Post Number: 1460

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1859
mendonmafia...aint u on Ca.com?
and lol phil

Gold Member

Post Number: 4057

quote:

even if they was in a seperate chamber box you would need a O-Scope and several other things to set the power output the same...

btw i have a RD3250v2 for sale for 389 shipped if you act before tomarrow night

True... If he HAD to have the amps putting out the EXACT same power.. It would be ideal, but not absolutely necessary... Especially if the subs are not in a common chamber box.... Very common to have 2 of the same amps that are not strappable... Without all the expensive equipment (as most are) you would do what you could.... Get them as close as possible (power wise).. Heck, I had 2 hifonics bxi2005's (not strappable) pushing my Alpha 18's in a common chambered box... Did the best with what I had... The only reason I said definite no if in a common chambered box was because the amps were not really close to being the same, and getting them as close as in my situation would be a lot harder.., and even then they would have different efficiency, power consumptions, and basic overall performances as the music is playing, impedence's are changing, and voltage is dropping and rising.....Even if you had gotten the power output exact with an O-Scope, ect... It would only really be the same for what Freq, ect that you were using to set them with.. You know wtf I'm saying lol

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1873
yeah what you did with running two amps of the same is fine, ive done it before :-)

very true, i didnt think about the rest

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1828
"mendonmafia...aint u on Ca.com?
and lol phil"

Yes i am. E is better tho i like the crowd over here more.

BTW guys my subs are in separate boxes.

are the new 3250's strappable?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4059
c'mon... do you really have to ask that?

of course...

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1829
lol ok thanks guys. i think im gonna do it. its only temporary until i get 2 3250's if it does sound bad i guess ill just run one until i get both. im not really sure why i was so concerned before.

Silver Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Georgia United States

Post Number: 241
not gonna hurt anything... if i were in the situation, i wouldve done it before asking! haha.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us