fi q 12 on 800 rms fine?

Bronze Member
Username: Rosrock

Post Number: 20
would it be better to get an fi q (1000 rms) or an ascendant audio chaos 12 (800 rms). which one would be better on this power or would they be equal for my mtx 801d?

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 876
What are your goals? Both drivers will be fine on either amplifier. 200 watts is not going to make much difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Rosrock

Post Number: 21
my goal is pretty obvious.. i want to get the sub that will be most efficient for my amp.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2096
how about, what kind of sound are you looking for??

Denim is absolutely correct when he said that 200 watts wont make much of a difference.

Silver Member

Post Number: 878
If your goal was obvious, two people would not be asking you questions to help you find the right direction to go.
Are there space limitations that might force you to go sealed? Are you worried about budget between the two? Did you prefer a certain enclosure? Is sheer out put or flat response your preference? etc etc.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1832
if it were me id look for a bigger amp. ive found its nice to have about %50 extra power than your subs need. Keeps things distortion free and will make your subs happy.

a lot of subs can take much more than rated power if its clean unclipped power. i ran my infinities kappa perfects at double rated and they absolutely loved it . My 2000 rms alpha loves 3k and my 1000 rms sx liked around 1300. a fiend of mine is even running his shitty pioneers on double rated power, they complain a bit tho but still they suck and they take it.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 146
DP lemmmee geett in thooossee guttttss!

------------
^x1000

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2107
^^^what?

Silver Member

Post Number: 880
Most sub woofers are ratted at a certain rating for a reason. Running that much more can reach thermal on many drivers.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2805
ssd anyone?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us