New HO Alt arrived!

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 647
Got my new Irragi 380 amp HO alt today. Beast is heavy. Ill have some installed pix up later today. Its for my 03' Chevy Tahoe.

Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12661
monster alt. Irragi got a bad wrap but i got my 240 amp from him and had no problems

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15569
380A u say - wtf , thats alot of power ! ...

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 820
Iraggi...and 380A in the same sentence.......uh oh.........

Good luck...

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1825
go test it, maybe you'll get 250 outta it :laughs:

im curious to see if he still uses the parts from his local junk yard to build his brand new alts...and he better have a "beasty" stator and not the stock one in there

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9422
I'm curious to see if it will even fit into the vehicle it's "made for".

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 648
It fits in perfectly, but has very low idle amperage. Dom is replacing it with the 260amp amputator which should have better idle amps. (150 at 600 rpms )

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1830
ask dom where my money is that he owe's me while your at it....1000 dollars....court appointed....

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9428
Rofl, that sucks. You could ask Dom if he made my alternator bracket yet as well.

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 649
wow, where do you guys get ho alts at if iraggi is unreliable? I thought he was the guy to go to for this stuff.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1832
mechman (my choice) or Dc power(another great source)

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 821
^This. Iraggi's been unreliable for years :-( I was honestly surprised to see this thread pop up. But once I saw a claim of 380A, I figured it had to be Iraggi. Nobody makes BS claims like Iraggi does, nor builds alts that simply don't get the job done. Hopefully it turns out okay and you don't get burned...not surprised to see you're already having issues though...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15575
i didnt know a 380A existed since the highest i have seen is 300 but i know these ppl http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/spl_alternators.html have a 350 which they say is NOT for daily use

"""PLEASE NOTE: SPL alternators are for competition use only and are NOT intended for street driven vehicles."""

so does anybody really make a daily 380A ??? ....

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1961
DC Power really makes one.

I had a 380 tested - it did like 10a at idle and 280 peak. So basically 100amps less than rated, but you better not want to run a/c and stop at a red light.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1962
I will never go with Iraggi again, I feel like he owes me twice that D-$. He's been trying to clean up his bad c/s rep lately on the SMD forum, but he's just raising his post count, not doing anything to resolve past issues.
He apologized to me for what happened, but that doesn't restore my faith or change the fact he screwed me over.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1836
well when you broke it down with normal shop charges and how many times to change it, not including the orginial cost of the alt it was around 3,000 in shop charges...

i feel like making a thread "wheres my money you owe me appointed by court"

or sumin like that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us