Where to run POWER

Bronze Member
Username: Nickadam55

Columbia MO, Missouri

Post Number: 72
I need suggestions on how to run this power wire, I currently have it running under my car strapped to the frame and then up through my trunk. my car rides a little low and it scares me! so suggestions please

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21368
How do you have it "strapped" to the frame?

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1815
prolly zipped tie'd

Bronze Member

Columbia MO, Missouri

Post Number: 73
its running between this plastic trim if and with plastc mounting grouments (like for coaxe cable) that makes sense.. NO ZIPTIES involved ^^douche

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 3181
If it is mounted properly under the car, you won't have a problem with it being snagged.

I've had two runs of 1/0 under my car for years without a problem, and believe me, my car rides alot lower than most lol

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1951
Nothing wrong with zip ties if you use some wire loom or something to prevent vibrations from damaging the wire.

I would either run through a grommet (or create a hole and grommet) in the firewall, then remove the panels holding down your carpet on one side of the vehicle and run the wire under there. If it's just one run normally there is a gap between the carpet and the lip the plastic clips to that is big enough to run wire without issues. If not I would run next to the center console.

If you want to stay under the vehicle just run the wire in some split loom along side the frame - never under it. If you go up on the frame away from hot or moving parts you should be safe.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3941
there should almost always be a grommet on the drivers side that you can poke a hole through.

or like troy said, you could create a new hole and use a new dedicated grommet

nothing wrong with zipties if you do it right

usually if you follow the fuel and brake lines and make sure the wire is flush with those, you should not have any problems.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2783
I remember a while back a few users suggested using a garden hose for protection, never tried it myself thought.

Bronze Member

Columbia MO, Missouri

Post Number: 74
LOL no i think it was PVC pipe and i think the guy said he was installing a mexicans system??

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2788
^No it was garden hose lol. This was a few years back

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5021
"usually if you follow the fuel and brake lines and make sure the wire is flush with those, you should not have any problems."

Thats me.

Also used zip ties as well. Like those big industrial type used for ac work. They are like 1/8 thick x 1/4 wide. Like the ones the cops use on hood rats.

Bronze Member

Columbia MO, Missouri

Post Number: 75
"hood rats" i like that little touch, thanks troy i found an opening in my firewall and ran through there then under my trim by the door. i saved about three feet of power wire too!

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2790
"Like the ones the cops use on hood rats."

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4239
i have 8 runs under my truck. held up with pvc and ZIPTIES :-) say somethin! lol.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 945
lol i'm planing to run my wires under my truck

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3944
hunterw=hood rat

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4828
you should use a drill bit slightly bigger than your wire, drill a hole in your firewall and put a gromet in it as to not damage the wire in the future then run it under the carpet, make sure to run it on the opposite side of the car as your RCA cables though.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4027
wtf did this dude call D-$ a douche for? Zip ties are your friend...... unless you are the hoodrat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us