Big 3 questions

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 139
so today i went to do the big 3 upgrade for my first time, ran into a problem already...i kno where i can ground the battery at, but the wire from my alt positve to batt positive goes thru a fuse box then to battery....so wat do i do there?

also not taking advice from william robert, so jus keepin ur 2 cents to urself

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5056
You'd still upgrade the wire going from the alt (+) post to the fuse box. Then you'd also upgrade the wire coming from the fuse box to the batt. Since you're not installing a HO alt (at least that's what it seems), you should be able to keep the same fuses.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3933
not necessarily, I'm not sure, but there may be a inline relay or inline fuse already. if there is an inline fuse in the fuse box, you would obviously have to replace that fuse as well, depending on the guage of the wire.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5062
It would help to know what kind of car he owns, as well as the alternator output and what gauge the wire already is. Otherwise this 'upgrade' could be completely pointless.

Silver Member
Username: Billybobjoesmithjr_th_3ed

Southside, TX US

Post Number: 378
your big 3 in car audio are 1st the deck....then 2nd the speakers and finally 3rd the amp in that order :-)

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2759
Willam Robert Joseph Smith Jr's mom is a whore!

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 140
yea she is lol....its a 1999 ford contour, upgradin to 0 gauge, and yes keepin my stock alt for the time being...its a 110 amp alt and im only runnin 1000-1500 rms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us