Am I choosing the right sub.! Sony xplod 1500 watt. model XS-L156P5

Username: Nick4924

Lincolinshire

Post Number: 4
Can someone tell me if I'm making the right choice when choosing a sub woofer. I am thinking of buying a Sony xplod 1500 watt. model XS-L156P5 15" in a box brand new. Are they any good, will I be disappointed with it.??????????????

PS.. I am open for any advice on choosing an amp if anyone has any ideas

Thanks Nick

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2688
Dont buy it. What is your budget? What are you looking for in the sub,SQ,SPL,SQL? What type of vehicle do you have? Do you have a HU and wiring already? Can you build your own box? How much power are you planning on running?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12486
x2 Definitely dont buy anything sony.

Lincolinshire

Post Number: 5
Can you be a little more spastic.What dose SQ.SPL. SQL. I'm a bit rusty, its been a whale since I had a car system !! .I have a vauxhall corsa made my own wiring loom 4mm power cable, all ocsigen wire & RCA's too.LG head unit.2800 WATT W 4 Channel V19 CAR MOSFET AMP AMPLIFIER NEW. 2000 watt 6x9's 350 watt 5" door speakers from loudest .com

What do you think?????????

Lincolinshire

Post Number: 6
Basically I want the base to thunder like my old car use to about 10 years ago. I no its been a whale.!!! subs and Amp's have moved on quite a bit since then. The rest of the system is fine.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 120
Yea,i would stay away from sony too. How much do you wanna spend?

Lincolinshire

Post Number: 8
£200 on a sub

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2689
Ok I havent even heard of any of your equipment or your vehicle. Im guessing you dont live in the states? Couple things though,your 4 ch amp is not putting out 2800 watts and your 6x9s are not 2000watts. Your 5" speakers probably arnt 350watts either.

If you want my advice I would get rid of everything and start over. First get you a good HU(pioneer,eclipse,alpine,JVC,Kenwood) then you should get a decent set of components for the front and a good amp for them. After you do that then worry about the sub.

If you want to just add a sub and amp to what you have,I would suggest an Audioque HDC3 or a couple SDC2.5s with the AQ 1200d amp. Get a ported box tuned to 34-40hz you will be happy with the output. AQ is much much better than anything Sony makes.

www.audioque.com

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 122
If you want to run a single 15 you could go with this. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14957 What amp are you gonna be using for the sub?

Lincolinshire

Post Number: 9
.2800 WATT W 4 Channel V19 CAR MOSFET AMP AMPLIFIER NEW. 2000 watt.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2691
I quit

Bronze Member
Username: Tedsprogz

Nunya, Florida US

Post Number: 76
that makes NO sense...2800 or 2000?? no brand name or model?? come on man use your head...

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1208
Nick Clark

The profile that you have requested no longer exists. The user who created this profile has been deleted from the system.

^did Paul ban him?

This thread if chalked to the brim with fail anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us