I hate sub shopping

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1125
can someone help me out im looking at getting some new subs wanting more spl these L7s arent doing it any more what do you all suggest. Music pretty much any genre looking for either 1 15 or 2 12 going to spl. the amp for now is a hifonics 1600d. so what would yall suggest. budget is probably 500 for subs

Gold Member
Username: Turnmat

Www.j-designs.org

Post Number: 1120
why not a 18?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2929
L7's are about impossible to beat spl to price. your going to have to step up the power if you want to go louder and drop some cash. 1 sub is definitely not going to do it unless you have something fierce with a few kW pushing it with a real good install.

what exactly is you current setup? box and all...

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1126
i cant fit and 18 i dont have the room its going in a trunk car. My current set up is two 08 model L7 in a ported box not pre fab i cant remeber what i built it too with a hifonics 1600d pushing them at 1 ohm. My budget for just subs are 500 right now since i know i can sell my L7s for that

Gold Member

Www.j-designs.org

Post Number: 1121
Like Eric said it is going to be hard to do. You would have to get a better amp (more power). Do you know the maximum amount of room you have for a box?

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 631
what size L7's im guessing 12's?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5345
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1128
i have 2 12s the max hight is 13.5 34 wide 28. i was thinking of getting a sundown amp to power them but i didnt think it would make much difference

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 826
LOL @ brad. Do you any electrical work done? Ur going to need another batt or two, HO alt, wire. Ur not going to get loud with that hifonics 1600. Those subs are probably only seeing 600-700 watts each. 500 isn't going to be enough to get louder than you are now.

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1129
i have a second battery in the trunk o gauge wire through out the car. what would be a good amp to upgrade too

Silver Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 165
i know a guy who has 2 kicker 12 L5's in a Jetta and they are super loud. They're in a factory prefab ported enclosure. The L7's should pound. How much power are you pushing them? that could be the difference.

Gold Member

Www.j-designs.org

Post Number: 1122
Yea but he has a Dodge Intrepid. So that will be a lot harder to get as loud as a Jetta. Your box looks to be roughly 6.68 cu ft before displacement.

You have enough room to fit 2 FI audio 15" SSD's in a compact box. If you could make your box a little bigger then they would be able to perform better. And if you could go with a RD 1750...

Gold Member

Www.j-designs.org

Post Number: 1123
and he only has about 1200 watts rms...

Gold Member

Www.j-designs.org

Post Number: 1131
fail...

Bronze Member
Username: Gcs8

Post Number: 12
at least i bought polk......

Silver Member
Username: Billybobjoesmithjr_th_3ed

South, TX US

Post Number: 145
you need to go out to traders village here by the big D you can buy all kinds of subs cheap. they got custom wheels seats car parts everything you need

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1577
man i wish we had some mods to shut this stupid mother****er up lol

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1130
yeah please stop post jacking and can i get answer from people that will acturally make a good recommendation not some sh!t i can buy for the local flea market. i am thinking of selling my amp and getting a sundown 1500d would that do better then the hifonics

Silver Member

South, TX US

Post Number: 151
hifonics is way better its ZED made stay away from that jap crap

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12397
It will put out more than the hifonics yes especially if they rate them at 12.6 volts like my sundown saz 3500d.

Silver Member

South, TX US

Post Number: 286
never trust these new jap brands
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us