:-) new system!!

Bronze Member
Username: Mittens08

Post Number: 25
well today i upgraded my system!!! i took out the mtxs and american bass amp and put in my new 12inch alpine type rs and a new kenwood amp!!! system bangs soooo much harder than the old....i put them in a new ported box and i am very pleased!!!

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3883
SWEET?

Why kenwood amp? What make/model is the amp? How much did you pay for it?

What is the specs on the ported enclosure? is it custom or prefab?

Why would you make this thread w/o pics and/or vids?

congrats.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4980
lol marK...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
haha idk exactly what the model of the kenwood amp and the box is prefab i bought offline butt i will post some vids and pics tomorrow its to late here to bump lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3895
lol marC

Carl, why didn't you get with us b4 you bought all of that? If you are happy, then I guess that is what matters.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
ive asked for help on other threads butt didnt really get any responses...ive been around car audio for along time i was looking into RE FI and the older rockford fosgate HX2 punches...but i got a really good deal on both of these type rs so i couldnt pass it up

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12300
Glad to see another basshead satisfied.

Welcome to ecoustics Carl.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
thanks sean!! ive gone to ecoustics since highschool but i just never sighned up or nething just looked at all the threads learning and see whats good out there and alot of time everyone said the type rs are a good buy for a good price...and i am veryyy suprised at how loud and how good the sq is with these subs....now i just have to save so i can do any even better setup down the road...im thinkin 4 type rs :p butt im dreaming!!

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4983
Welcome Mittens,

so what Kenwood amp is it?
And what are the coils on the R's?

if they are dvc4, and you have them wired to 1 ohm, most kenwoods are not going to be happy for long.

If its an Exceloen line, then you may get by ok if the gains and other settings are set up ok as well as the power requirements are met.

Holla back yo!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
i really dont know the exact model of the kenwood but it puts out good power and yes the subs are dvc4 running in 1ohm...i will post pics and vids tomorrow

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 829
oh boy i think that amp can't be wired under 2ohms

is that amp getting hot?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3896
this is why i asked what model.. please look at it then post.

As for the reason i asked "why didn't you come to us first, ect..."
It wasn't the Type r's that I would have tried to get you to change.. As a matter of fact. they are the only thing that I think you should have gotten. Kenwood amps are not worth a flip as far as reliability and efficiency. If you think those subs are loud now, just throw the POS prefab that you wasted your money on away, and get a good ported enclosure built to specs for the type-r's and (a better amp-if possible)see what loud really is.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
okk i will look today to see what model the amp is...but ya i know i wanted to build a custom box tuned to about 35hz butt i dont have the time now to do it...even though now i wish i wouldnt have gotten rid of my 15inch Kicker CVX running in 1 ohm in a custom ported box tuned to about 35-37hz running off a hifonics brutus amp...that was my baby system right there lol

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15501
where r the pix !? ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
pix and video will be up later tonight guys i have to work today but i got everything already ready so i just gotta have the time to post all of it...the video will prob be shitty cause its on my phone butt ooo welll:-)

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5103
You should have gotten a custom made box Carl. Pre-fab's are nasty. And your not getting the full potential out the the R's in a pre-fab. Well, as long as your happy.

Bronze Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 90
still no pics... disappointed. and x2 on the pre fab boxes. you might want to save up to get a custom box and you should be even more satisfied

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
well for some reason i cant post my pics...both r to big and idk how to make them smaller i dont have photoshop or anything...so idk how im gonna get ne pics

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15502
use paint & make the pix smaller

or upload them to site like imageshack or photobucket & put the links here .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3905
Does that kenwood amp say KAC-7202 on the top? i cant make out the last 2 digits..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
ya it says 7202

Gold Member

Post Number: 3907
at best you have 460 wrms going to both subs. You don't even have 1/2 the needed power to fully drive 2 Type-r's properly. If they are loud to you now, you haven't heard chit yet. Put the right amp on them, in the right box...... You will likely chit yourself! hope this helps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
haha okk i will prob start saving for an amp i just got this amp for a good price but im looking to get another hifonics brutus amp...i was very pleased with that amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 3908
i would not go with the Brutus. How much will the bxi1210 cost you? For ~$250 you cangetthe perfect amp shipped to your door. The Brutus' are overrated and are nowhwere as reliable as the other options ...

RD1000.1
AQ1200.1

both will blow awy the brutus and if youwere buying locally, cost less.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4992
where are you at? meaning what craigslist would you use? I can have a look on it for you to see if theres anything local that may work well for you.
Also check forum for sale threads for some deals.

Maybe hold onto that amp for some components done the line.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
im in the cleveland ohio area...ive used craigslist before but id rather buy brand new so i know it new butt ya i will most likely update the amp later on down the road..i kinda wanna just save for awhile and get another 2 type rs

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud til it he...

Post Number: 434
Carl, What happened to the hifonics amp?
What model was that amp?

Hifonics amps are more reliable than kenwood.

I'd listen to mark's suggestion.
You can have more output that you're curently experiencing....

Get a properly tuned box (~30-33hz) built and lose that amp while it still works.

Welcome to the forum !!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
my hifonics amp blew a couple weeks ago so i just bought this amp for a cheap price i am currently saving for a new amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 3918
Hifonics amps blow period. I have ran my share of em with good luck. But they just don't put out what they say. They may be less expensive, but that's because they don't put out rated power. So they are really about the same price in dollar/watts as much better equipment.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3136
I agree with Mark, save up for a new amp. The RD 1000.1 is a good choice. Here are some more suggestions:

Sundown SAE-1200D
Sundown SAZ-1000D
Diablo Audio Technologies 1000.1
DC Sound Lab 1000.1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us