Well this sucks...

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1187
Upload
Upload
Upload

Well I suppose that means my system is loud lol.

Do you think this could be repaired or do i need a new windshield?

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 872
Damn dude that does suck! I was pissed when my rearview broke when it fell off. I think I would have showed my Hulk face if that happened.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4134
Is there a hole in the glass? It's hard to make out what you're showing us.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1188
No, no hole in the glass. Sry shittie camera.

I was pissed, but at the same time like damn, how does that even happen?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4135
I see

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3884

quote:

I was pissed, but at the same time like damn, how does that even happen?

ummmm better glue than glass? I would like to know what glue you were using. I have never seen the glass chip before the glue gave way. I don't even attempt to use the rearview. I did however afro-engineer a way to keep the rearview from pointing downward when the bass would hit. That went out the window when i went 3 x power and subs upgrade because the glue woud not hold and the mirror would end up on the floor.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1190
I just went to my local murrays and picked up a rearview repair kit after it had fallen off before. It makes no sense.

Can this be repaired?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3886
i doubt you could get that peice off of the mirror peice to reglue it in it's original spot. I would go to a windshield repair place and let them see it. i would just not put the rearview back up and roll with it so long as the glass doesn't start to spider.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1191
yeah, I'm hoping that it doesn't spider.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7255
it is fixable.. they will just fill it in

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3361
Same exact thing happened to me. Never seen it before until it happened to me. It shouldnt spider. Mine has been like that for a year and its still good... I put a 12" wanger sticker directly over it and you cant tell from the outside

Gold Member

Post Number: 1192
Do i need to pull the glass off the rearview for them to fix it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3889
you are asking the wrong person.. i would drive to them and let them tell you to be sure.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4978
Wow, nice. in a cool sorta way.
but i believe that it can be fixed by a glass company. They fill it with some resin stuff and hit it with an UV light and its as good as new.

And then buy a rearview camera/moniter set up and wire it live on the dash or into your x2din touchscreen.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21124
They have a new way of fixing chips in your windshield too. Well I don't know how new it is but it involves drilling out the chip and plugging it. Then they buff it out smooth. Afterward you can't tell at all. One thing for sure though, even the smallest chip can eventually grow and grow into a replacement problem.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15498
it sux but its cool ....

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4984
dont you have glass coverage on your insurance?
In MA its free, and covers windshields. But you need comprehensive coverage. Let me know if you want a quote on insurance. I would be glad to help you out with that.

According to the Massachusetts Division of Insurance, if an object damages your windshield, you are covered for this loss if you have comprehensive (other than collision) coverage on your vehicle.

The normal $300, $500 or $1000, or whatever you may have selected as your comprehensive coverage deductible, does not apply to a glass loss. You will be covered for the full amount of the loss without a deductible unless you opted for a $100 deductible for glass breakage when you started your comprehensive coverage.

Chapter 175: Section 113O of the General Laws of Massachusetts is where this information is listed. The MA DOI states that for more information regarding insurance questions to contact the Attorney General's Insurance line at 1-888-830-6277.

The Massachusetts Division of Insurance Standards for The Repair of Damaged Motor Vehicles (211 CMR 133.00) also speaks of glass breakage. Here it states that damage to motor vehicle glass shall be repaired rather than replaced if:

(a) damage to the windshield is outside the critical viewing area, which is that area covered by the sweep of the wipers originally provided by the vehicle manufacturer, exclusive of the outer two inches within the perimeter of that sweep.

(b) damage to the glass is minor, including, but not limited to, a crack less than six inches in length and stone breaks or bruises, bullseyes and star breaks less than one inch in diameter; and

© the repair will not impair the operational safety of the motor vehicle.

Insurers shall use reasonable efforts to ensure that, before any decision is made to replace glass, the damage is inspected to determine whether it is suitable for repair.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 826
wait you tinted your windshiled?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1193
yes

I dont live in MA, pretty sure it comes out of my pocket.

I think I will look into getting it repaired.

Thanks guys.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 827
well when they tint my windshild then went around the rearview

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10681
If you have comprehensive coverage on your insurance, put it through insurance..... a lot of times they don't even bother fixing it, they just give you new glass....

If you've got that coverage you may get a FREE windshiled.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1194
well when they tint my windshild then went around the rearview

^they did that on mine too lol.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1943
When that happened to mine I used that same repair kit to re-glue the chip in place. Then loosen the screw and when you're playing music loud just pop it off. That's what I do so it doesn't happen again, but after a while I just replaced the windshield.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us