Anyone ever encounter this before..

Silver Member
Username: Wfbass

Stephenville, NL Canada

Post Number: 132
for the longest time i was gettin a strange baffling sound comin from under my car when i had my sub up high. i finaly realized that its this thing in my trunk i think its for when u close the trunk it releases pressure. its on the inside corner and u can open and close it its like a horzontal blind for a house. i think im loosin alot of sound through it since it baffles like a sob. my trunk in entirely covered with deadner(2 layers) expect for that thing. think i should cover it up with deadner or does it serve another purpose that im missin out on?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10679
Well its purpose it so that you can close the trunk haha... without it the air pressure would make it hard to close the trunk lid.

There will also be one in the cabin somewhere for when you close the doors.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7704
Weld that bish shut :-)

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3876
cover it with deadner and poke a ~2" hole in the center of the deadner/pressure release hole. should still serve its purpose and not rattle.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1942
I filled mine in with expanding foam and deadener. It's not really necessary, lets pressure and heat out, creates a terrible noise.

Silver Member
Username: Wfbass

Stephenville, NL Canada

Post Number: 133
thanks for the info. altough welding it shut sounds good i think i just might deaden over it and poke a lil hole as mark said

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 237
i just put deadener over mine. ive got a tahoe and they're in the back top corners. when i turn my a/c on full blast and close all the doors i can hear the cab pressurize and air seep out haha. makes your ears pop sometimes too. other than that no biggie

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 827
I covered mine with deadner, when I go to close the truck I don't close it from wide open just like 5" from being closed then slam it shut. I haven't had any problems. For those who haven't sealed theirs on an older vehicle like 6ys+ those flaps will dry out and fall apart and suck dirt in.

Bronze Member
Username: Billybobjoesmithjr_th_3ed

South, TX US

Post Number: 30
spray rhino liner in your trunk
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us