DLS x-program speakers

Username: Rgp12000

Post Number: 2
Hi all,

I'm currently using DLS R6A's. Would anyone know how these would compare to the new DLS x-program speakers? I'm looking at the SA and SB 6.5's speakers particularly.

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 779
DLS (just like Morel) are nice, but I would go with newer motor designs.

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 780
LOL, just looked it up, DLS are finally using copper rings in the voice coil structure, but as far as I can see they are only doing it in their Gothia line. Looks like they might be moving away from their 3" voice coils. The point is, you can get cheaper speakers that will have copper rings and sound even better.

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 781
Stamped steel baskets (el cheapo) tell it all

Username: Rgp12000

Post Number: 4
hmm.. what brands would you recommend?

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 786
Seas have a nice auto audio set, very accurate reproduction,

Vifa and Scan-Speak are great, but you have to pick your own drivers at, say, Madisound and use an active x-over (either head unit based or dedicated like Audiocontrol) Scan Speak Revelator series drivers are very very hard to beat.

For ready to go sets, I would look at RE Audio XXX set, which uses Adire Audio woofers (a proper high end driver). The set is on a massive sale now at Woofersetc.com

Anything that uses Usher drivers would be very naturally sounding as well.

If I didn't want the hassle with active x-overs I would go for Seas or RE Audio XXX. The last one is not very popular, cause RE have always been the subwoofer people, however, that set uses real high end drivers so the result should be very nice.

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 787
Whatever you decide to get, please let us know how it works out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us