2 Re audio MT 15 vs 2 Re audio XXX 15s

Bronze Member
Username: King_assassin

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 25
ok me and a friend are in a little competition. i have 2 re audio mt 15s in an 04 tahoe in the recommended enclosure. My friend will have 2 XXX 15s in the recommened enclosure in a 2006 jeep cherokee. the 2 15 xxxs would be powered by maybe 2 or 3 strapped hifonics 2600. which of these has the potential to be louder? right now the 2 mts are on a single mm4000.1d soon to be 2 mm4000.1ds (1 for each speaker) the mts are dual 2s do you guys think i would be able to run each mt at 1ohm on each amp or would they fry? they are only supposed to go down to 2 ohms bridged. any suggestions and answers would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2925
how you have 2 mt's and don't know anything about them is beyond me...

Bronze Member

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 26
i know that they are loud lol have had them for about 2.5 years. just wanted to hear from some other people on the matter.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2059
whats the specs on the box you have them in currently??

and i wouldnt strap 3 amps to 2 subs...thats just me, seems like a lot of wiring and hassle when you can buy 1 amp... and if your friend is spending all the cash for 2 XXX's, why would he go with hifonics??? again, seems like a waste

Bronze Member
Username: Lms

Post Number: 51
Mean Machine
2 X 900 RMS @ 4 Ohms
2 X 1400 RMS @ 2 Ohms
2 X 2000 RMS @ 1 Ohm
1 X 4000 RMS @ 2 Ohm

The subs will be fine with one amp assuming you got the electrical to support it.

But mt's are very underrated subs. They will handle 4000rms per sub (burps) without breaking a sweat. You do have the potential to get louder.My guess is that this is a daily setup.

Also, if you ran 1 amp per sub you would need dual 1ohm coils to get full output from each amp.

What year xxx does your friend have?

Bronze Member

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 27
my friend would have the newest year they make. also m box is about 8 ft^3 vented

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2067
with the newer XXXs, dont go by RE's specs. theres a review about them somewhere and the rec specs arent worth a damn. for a 15, the guy needed 6cubes... they need a big box, iirc

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2325
The MM4000.1 is too hungry to run two of them unless you have a beef a$s electrical setup going on.

Bronze Member
Username: Re_xxx

Green River, Wyoming U.S.A

Post Number: 68
The MT's will be louder..... The new XXX's are garbage

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7262
ditto.. of course this given proper enclosure/install/power

some of those i do seem to feel are missing

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7273
lol @ kicker

funny when everyone rolls up banging kicker at the shows.. then never come back when they don't even break a 140

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 876
i'm getting so tired of ppl saying to get kicker or jl etc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us