My new build..

Silver Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Georgia United States

Post Number: 137
just wanted to let u guys know i built a new box for my HD3 12 and was going to post the build pics, but all my build pics got deleted.. ill throw up some pics of the box and a vid or 2 if you guys would like.? its now around 3-3.1 ft^3 after displacements instead of 2cu ft.. it murders the lows like ive never heard. definitel impressed me for a 12. but let me know what y'all think.

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
left out the most important part.. box now 3-3.1 ft^3 tuned at 35 hz

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1180
throw up the vid and pics

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
heres 3 vids i took today. ill put pics up later, theyre annoying putting them on here... let me know what you guys think, and feel free to comment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycpN4rtEfkw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IinAJbPMiGg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a84MnrgPCw

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 790
From the looks of you should have saved you money for a haircut and phone. Possibly do some work to the truck so it doesn't sound like Mr. T beating on a metal building lol.

Looks good, paint the box or something though. I was thinking about getting a HU like that since my pioneershit died. Do you notice a diff in sound if the box is closer or further from the seats?

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
haha woww. yeah i DESPERATELY need a hair cut. and my phone messed up about a month ago. had to switch to one of my old ones. =[ this headunit is great!! and i just built this box late the other night and wanted to get it in and test it out, so i havent had a chance to paint or anything, i might just leave it natural. and the further back it is facing the trunk, the louder in my car.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12211
Looks loud. What amp are you using on it?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15484
from the way i see sh1t shaking it looks like u did a good job on it

ur next project shud be some second skin ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
AQ1200D.. and thanks rovin, yeah i think i did great. theres this noob from here that has 4 15's. 2 RF p3s, and 2 memphis ???, not sure of the model. on some crappy logic amp in an expedition. and he sat in my car and said wow, how can one 12 be louder than mine.. he claimed i had more speakers that he couldnt see and stuff! haha and the second skin will be used, but not on this vehicle.. i should be getting a small suv here soon. :-) and probably 2 18s or 4 15s will be going into that.

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud til it he...

Post Number: 431
Great job Eric. I sure miss those loud wangers...

Try placing the box further into the trunk, positioned in the same direction and you should notice a small difference.

looking forward to your next set up..

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
further into the trunk? liike closer towards the cabin? or closer to the rear of the trunk? if thats the case, it can't go any closer towards the rear of the trunk or there will be some rubbing between the sub surround and my trunk... and yeah i am looking forward to it too..

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud til it he...

Post Number: 432
Closer toward the cabin...you should get a louder and lower response. If the box cannot move more that 1 ft in that direction you may not notice any change.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 795
Looks good over all. How's the SQ out of that thing?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3848
I like the vids. Definately hits great for a single 12" setup. Try
Lil Boosie ft. Foxx and Mouse-- Loose as a Goose
Hurricane Chris featuring Superstarr - Halle Berry (She's Fine)
Busta Rymes- I Got Bass
Lil Wayne-New Orleans Magic
They work real well with your tuning.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 799
Cant be touched -body head bangerz
Don't trip-trina

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
got pretty decent sq, but you really cant tell because everything in my car rattles and my car itself rattles.. and Treez- i can probably move it like 4 more inches, but i doubt it would be an audible difference... and mark thanks, yeah its def. loud for a single 12 and thanks for the songs. ill try em out.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 806
sounds like you better get to tightening shitt down lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
haha well its mostly junk that cant be tightened.. like the main thing, is this plastic thing that seals my seat from my trunk and it rattles BAD.. other than that, its the trunk lid, my antannae thing, my fenders, haha just everything. yall need to give me some more songs though that would rock on my tuning.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 807
oh the rear deck lid uh. That SOB. Yeah I had a hard time with mine. It takes some thinking but you can to it. There's a way I promise

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3851
Fatmat the he11 out of the entire trunk... it will quiet it down quite a bit.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 812
you can do that and it will help, but the trunk is going to be lift off the weather striping making a terrible noise, best thing for that is adding another thing of striping to it. its $25 at a parts house

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 864
Looks good bud!Upload I think you should try to put a box for two of those subs in the trunk.

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
haha idk if i could accomplish putting 2 in there. idk if if my space to box ratio would work out.. plus id have to upgrade electrical and a new amp..

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 873
You have plenty of room. You could put box for two subs, an amp for them and two bigass batts back there.

The car may sag in the rear just a bit tho.......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us