2000 Ranger needs some sound

Username: 2000fordranger

La

Post Number: 1
Hi im Josh and im from Louisiana. I have a 2000 Ranger 4X4 extended cab with the seats that fold into the side of the truck so i have ALOT of room :D Anyways. The speakers are all stock BUT the owner before me had something in there because theres all these wires that I am going to have to take out unless i figure out what they went to and if i can use them. So, what i think i have decided is to build my own box to put in the back of the truck and put 2 P3 12's 4 OHM inside this box along with 2 or 3 tweeters and and some kind of speakers that will either replace the factory ones or I will put them inside the box as well. I do not know how much a good amp that will power this will be and i figured i would buy a 1000 watt one to power the 2 12's and another one to power the speakers and tweeters. Anybody have any recommendations? Also on whether or not I should build a closed or ported box. I listen to country music and rock music. Im not a rapper but i do like to have my music pretty loud.

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1575
can you give us a budget? and did you already buy those subs?

La

Post Number: 2
sorry, no i have not bought those speakers and its going to be a drown out process im not going to just spend a ton of money right up front for everything. i have about 350 now, my dad is going to throw in about 200 and then Christmas is right around the corner so ill have some money by then and some more stuff to ask for. In the mean while i have these subs and tweeters that i have no clue as to what brand size or anything. What would i be able to run on it? like what size amp? I think they are like 2 8's and 2 tweeters and then they have the wires where you have to strip the plastic off the wire and then insert it into the slot that has a red and black slots on both sides of the box. I just want to mainly have real nice quality sound that will be pretty loud as well.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 776
Hey
I'm looking at getting a 2000 - 2004 Ford Ranger Ext Cab.

My plan is to put in an AVN726E,
2 sets of Component Speakers 1 set in the front and other set in the back,
2 or 4 12s in the back under window line,
Diablo Audio Technology 1000.1,
and a good 4ch amp for the Component Speakers

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 784
save up your money to buy something half way nice

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 780
yep 2nd with Kyle

La

Post Number: 3
is Rockford P3 12's not good and i was planning on purchasing Rockford speakers and tweeters. I was not going to half *** it. I mean im not going to spend 2K on it or anything but I figured by the time it was done id have a 1000 or more in it. Is there something I havent heard about Rockford? I looked into some JL's but damn that was WAY TO HIGH for me.

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1179
I would go with Alpine type r's over the P3's.

quote:

So, what i think i have decided is to build my own box to put in the back of the truck and put 2 P3 12's 4 OHM inside this box along with 2 or 3 tweeters

dont do that unless the tweeters are separate in chambers from the subs!

You probably dont need any speakers(other than subs) in back, just amped speakers up front (what size factory speakers are in there) would be fine.

So you are looking to spend $1000 for everything?

The audioque1200d amp would work well with those alpines you can get that from www.audioque.com

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2923
what you need to know before we move on is that most main stream brands (mtx, kicker, RF, etc.) aren't all what they seem to be. kicker and RF do make great amps though. each company has it's flaws. most subs that will be recommended are more "underground" if you will, along with some amps. even if you have never heard of something that is recommended to you on this site, it will be a good quality product, don't worry.

check out ficaraudio.com, audioque.com, and rdaudio.net just to name a few sub companies. for an amp check out AQ and RD as well. if you let us know what you plan on purchasing before you do, you wont be steered in the wrong direction. lot of good help available on this forum.

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 784
List of brands- The Good, the bad, and the ugly

Bad

American HiFi (Rockwood)
American Pro
Audiobahn (speakers and subwoofers)
Audiovox
Automobile
Becker
Boss
DHD
Dual
Iraggi Alternators
JDL
Jensen
Kenwood (speakers and amplifiers)
Kingwood
Kole
Kraco
Kronik
LA Sound
Legacy
Lightining Audio
MA Audio
Optimus (Radio Shack)
Power Acoustik
Pyle
Pyramid
Rockwood
SAS Bazooka (amplifiers)
Sherwood
Sony (anything by Sony except the older Mobile ES line)
Sound Storm (owned by BOSS Audio)
Sparkomatic
SPL Audio
Thump
Ultimate Sounds
Volfenhag

Questionable

Blaupunkt (Bosch)
Aiwa
Audiobahn
Crunch
Elemental Designs (eD)
Harmon-Kardon (current, Phoenix Gold owned)
Infinity (amplifiers, reference components)
Kenwood (head units)
Kicker Solobaric (L5, L7, Solo-X square subs)
Lanzar
Lightning Audio
Matsui
Onyx Mobile Audio
Panasonic (subs and amps)
Phoenix Gold (anything after the mid 1990s)
Pioneer (amplifiers)
SAS Bazooka (bass tubes)
Soundstream (current Power Acoustik owned products)
Visonik

Good

a/d/s (present DEI owned items)
Alpine
Altec Lansing
Alumapro
Audio Development
Audiomobile
Autotek
Avionixx
Boston Acoustics
Bravox
Cadence (current amplifier products)
CD Technologies (CDT)
Cerwin Vega (subs)
Clarion (head units)
Coustic
Crossfire
Crystal
Directed (DEI)
Earthquake
Eaton
Elevation Audio
Helix
Hifonics
Illusion
Infinity
JBL (amplifiers)
JVC Digifine
Kicker (excluding square solobaric speakers)
Lunar
Memphis Audio
MTX
Orion (current DEI products)
Panasonic (Headunits)
Phoenix Gold (older 1990s amplifiers, subwoofers)
Pioneer (subwoofers)
Planet Audio (amplifiers, owned by BOSS Audio)
Polk Audio
Rockford Fosgate
Soundstream (older pre-Power Acoustik amplifiers)
US Acoustics
US Amps (MD and AX series only)

Highly Recommended

a/d/s (older 1980s, early 90s pre-ADST products)
Alpine (old "6 green preset buttons" head units)
Alpine F#1status
Ample Audio (Amplifiers)
Arc Audio
Ascendant Audio
Audax
Audiocontrol
Audison
Brax/Helix
Butler Audio
Diablo Audio Technologies
Diamond Audio
Digital Designs (DD)
DLS
DynAudio
Eclipse (Headunits)
Esoteric Audio/Streetwires
Fi
Focal
Harrison Labs
Hertz
Hybrid Audio
Image Dynamics (ID)
Infinity Kappa/Kappa Perfect components
JL Audio
KEF Kar components
Luxman
Mechman
MB Quart
McIntosh Laboratories
MMATS
Morel
Nakamichi (tape transports)
Ohio Generator
Orion (older SX, GX, HCCA, GS, and XTR lines)
Precision Power (PPI)
Rainbow
Resonant Engineering (RE)
Revolution Design Audio (RD)
Rockford Fosgate (older 1980s and early 1990s products)
ScanSpeak
SEAS
Sinfoni
Stereo Integrity
Stinger
Sundown Audio
Treo
TRU Technology
Vifa
Wrangler Alternators
Xtant
Zapco

Gold Member

Post Number: 1181
I think a link would have sufficed Quentin. lol

Actually Josh,

Talk to Nick V. and Canaan who are also on this forum. They work at a shop in Louisiana and could probably help you out in person.

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 786
lol Thanks Kevin =]
i my ranger i'm spending up to 700 for the 2 12's, 1000.1 amp and the box, just got to know what good and whats not and were to get your hook ups at, like RD is having sell on there stuff all the time just got to call and ask Steve or someone thats a dealer =]

La

Post Number: 4
thanks that was helpful. I actually thought RF was like one of the best ones since thats what my cousin bought when he invested alotta money in his old truck and thats what everybody with a good bit of money buys at my school. I guess I really need it to be best bang for your buck and im about to check out Alpine. Yall mind telling me the best amp to run to the 12's yall are recommending me? isnt a 1000 watt amp probably the best way to go? or do you think i should get a bigger amp so i can run the tweeters and the speakers ima buy as well off of it too? Novice looking for some good advice from some experienced audio guys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1182
Look at the Audioque1200d that I mentioned earlier. You will not be able to run the tweeters and speakers of of the same amp unless you buy a 5 channel, but good luck finding a 5 channel that will give you enough power for the subs.

You may need some electrical upgrades to run a second amp for speakers, so if you dont have the money just get some coaxial speakers and dont amp them.

La

Post Number: 5
Looked at Alpine, can it really be just as good as RF and only cost that much? Is their X model any better than R because even the X is cheaper than the P3's.

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 787
yeah 1000rms well set you up great,
and reason everyone thinks rockford , kicker etc are great is cuz you see them ever were you go like best buy or a audio shop, if there's any comps by you, you can go see and watch what there running,

1000.1 pushing two type R's should make you happy, or RE SE's.

back when i was 16 and got my first truck 94 ranger i had two 12 RE SEs and its slammed

Gold Member

Post Number: 1183
If you want even cheaper but still good look at audioque sd2.5 subs.

La

Post Number: 6
Sweet guys, so do you think the x's are better or worth it compared to the r's and im looking at re se's now

Gold Member

Post Number: 1184
well yes the x's are louder and have better sq, but they also need 1000rms a piece. you will not run 2000rms on stock electrical very well. Also for the price of the x's there may be better

La

Post Number: 7
oh ok, what exactly do you mean stock electrical? I thought subs were moreso to do with amps and everything than they do with your wires connecting to your head unit. Oh yea my head unit right now that came with the truck is a Sony Xplod something..that ok? or i need to add that to my list of things to get another of?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1185
Stock electrical means no big3 upgrade, no high output alts and or extra batteries. You generally need to upgrade electrical to run over 1200w.

If the sony xplod works fine it will probably work. Personally I would upgrade.

Honestly just put your budget up and what you need such as head unit, speakers, amp, subs, and whatever else.

Also whatever kind of music you listen to.

Silver Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Georgia United States

Post Number: 144
if i were you, id get the type r's over the p3's any day of the week... i would also get the audioque 2.5s over the type r's. but thats all up to you.. those 2 sd2.5s in 4 cubes tuned to around 35hz and powered off that audioque 1200 watt amp would suit you VERY well...

La

Post Number: 8
So right now im just dog lucky, my cousin that I said had all his stuff has 3 amps that he had from when he had his setup in his old truck he blew the subs but he kept the amps. One is a 250 watt amp and ones a Sony 1200W and the other he said doesnt have any lables...Ino they are not the best amps but they will do for now ESPECIALLY when theyre free. So now i can boom temporaily and only have to spend a lil bit of money on the amp wiring.

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 795
sell them haha

La

Post Number: 9
oh yea if you dont mind can you tell me how the whole 2 ohm 4 ohm 1 ohm amp bridged and that thing goes? its confusing me and I have no idea what it means or anything like that.

La

Post Number: 10
and i might later down the road but Im liking free versus paying 200+ for a better one.

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 796
i sure hope you aint hooking them all up together are ya

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 11
huh? what are you talking about? like having different brands of amps hooked up or my particular brands of amps? I mean I know theyre not good but its temporary. And no not all together all i need is probably that sony for now. It outa do the job I think since it should probably be about 600W RMS hopefully.

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 797
ok making sure, i came a cross a few ppl that had like diff amps and 4 diff subs all wired up in diff boxs COFF COFF KT COFF and was wondering why his amp started on fire

and ohms are diff ways you wire up a sub or subs dipending on the type of sub or amp you have, like the sony amp prb can't be wired under a 2ohm load so you would need 2 sub's that are dual 2ohm so you can wire it to 2ohm like this http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qt y=2&woofer_imp=3

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 801
?trash

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 12
Ok, that is still confusing but I can manage i believe, i believe these subs are 8's and have the old style wire setup where you strip the wire and put it in the red and black slots that are on both sides of this box. I do not know if that helps you on telling me how to hook this sub up or whats the better amp since i havent even gotten these amps yet as I will get them Sunday when im out to his house again. So for now im kinda stuck as to what I can do. I do need some advice as to which wiring kit I need 4 gage 8 gage yadad yada and I will probably buy that locally.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020CZ509/Clarion-CZ509.html?tp=5684

Is this a good head unit I figured I would replace it with this and then also
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_003FMK550/Ford-In-dash-Receiver-Kit.html?tp=861 this to mae sure it will fit nice and snug in the space since the one I have now is loose and can fall out of place if I accelerate to fast or anything.

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 799
nice HU onlything that looks good so far, and be way is to go to that link i gave ya and and play with it and you will slowly start understanding it, thats what i did lol

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7244
ok i did not feel like reading through the entire thread

what is your goal? and what is your budget? what are you trying to get from your system and what are you willing to replace/add?

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 800
well you havent miss much its just a big mess lol

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 13
my goal is to be loud and sound good....isnt that everybodies goal? budget is more like 700 give or take...i have a temporary setup so i can take my time and do this setup right. planned on adding 2 12's 2 tweeters and some regular speakers. Thats about it I dont want to go extreme because its my daily driver and i feel like this will be plenty for me. I listen to Rock and Country and maybe a hint of rap. I figured id by some classical music to really get my bass to stand out because what i hear beethoven and other stuff like that really gets alot out of your subs just to break them in uno? lol

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 14
Here is what I believe i have come to look at from the advice of the fellow member on this board.
2 12" Alpine R's, http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=SWR-1242D
I am not for sure about the Alpines yet but theyre on the top of my list now as I was going to get P3 12's, Also recommended RE/SE's
2 Tweeters, dont have a particular brand in mind
Several Speakers thinking some to replace factory ones out of the truck and maybe some more in the back since I want to be loud with sound not just bass you know? Because Rock and Country to me is more treble I guess than it is bass? Do not know if i worded that right but yea.
Had a few amps mentioned that i will look into and also a battery capacitor that im thinking might be needed. Again I do not know about all of this but I have heard my cousin talking about I would need one because when his subs hit his headlights would dim.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7245
IMO .. do a component set up front.. you won't regret it although it may bump your budget a bit for overall

I'd second the RE SEs.. very clean and can get damn loud.. port those at 32hz and you'd be golden.. Sound even more amazing sealed with plenty of output.

You can pick up a new eD nine.1 for $195 with their sale.. and grab a matching nine.2 or nine.4 for the front stage

so.. thats my suggestion.. i'd pick up the subs.. sub amp and comp amps.. then figure out what you wan to spend on the front stage and we can suggest comps from there

i would not waste you money with buying tweeters and or some normal replacement speakers

if your going to do it do it right the first time.. this way you won't spend more in the end trying to upgrade because you did not like the end result

and of course.. start out with a good headunit.. do you have one or have one in mind?

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 15
what exactly does a component setup up front mean? And i had in mind this head unit. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020DUZ385/Clarion-DUZ385SAT.html?c=3&tp=5684&avf=N
or
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020CZ509/Clarion-CZ509.html?c=3&tp=5684&avf=N

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 16
http://www.woofersetc.com/p4911/SE12--RE-Audio-12"-1000-Watt-Dual-4-Ohm-SE-Series-Subwoofer.htm This a good price on RE SE series 12" sub? if not wheres a deal at?

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7246
you can get the RE SEs on ebay for a lot less.

if your going to spend that much on a h/u i'd suggest a used alpine cda9887

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 17
oh ok, thanks alot. Theres nothing to worry about when buying used subs on ebay?

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7247
they are new..

$420 shipped for the pair

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-RE-AUDIO-SE12-D4-12-SE-Series-MOBILE-SUB-WOOFER-pair_W0QQi temZ360189919695QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Subwoofers_Enclosures?hash=item53dcfe01cf &_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 801
thanks Kevin now i miss mine lol

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7248
they are nice :-)

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 18
So now im so ready to get started on this project.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7249
first thing first.. start acquiring some gear

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 20
gear as in????????

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 21
didnt mean to make it sound like im dumb or anything but i didnt know if you meant gear as in some actual tools to start bulding the box or anything like that. My dad has all the tools for us to make the box. The only thing i still dont know is what component front setup are you talking about???????? like i can start buying everything i know right now but id like to know EVERYTHING im buying before i start buying one piece at a time. Should i also buy a new alternator for this setup or would a battery capacitor be fine ive heard mixed reviews on capacitors.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7250
you'll be fine with a good battery up front..

but the subs/amp/wiring and whatever else you need

when your done.. give us a budget solely on front components/amp

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 23
sounds good to me. ill start acquiring some stuff. I posted wanted ads in the wanted section of this forum so hopefully i can find a good headunit and everything for pretty cheap so i can have more money to spend on the front components and amp. Thanks for helping and ill start looking for my amp, sub, and head unit. Will the audioque 1200d work good for the RE's as well?

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7251
yes it will.. anything 1200-1600rms @ 1 ohm for a pair of D4 RE SEs

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3855
What part of Louisiana are you from? If you are close enough to me I will help you out if you need it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3856
I have a Kicker zx350.4 amp and 2-12" AQ sd2.5 subs that I will let go for $250. The AQ subs are a perfect match for the AQ1200. Very solid subs with above average output and sound.
http://www.audioque.com/aq/SDC2_5_Series.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbjV4xyNiDQ

not my vid but you get the idea.
The SE's are also a great choice.
2-FI ssd's on 600 -800 wrms each would be nice. DD, RD, AP, DC,Treo, and many others all have subs that would be a good fit with what you are looking for as well.

Welcome to Ecoustics.

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 24
i'm in northern Louisiana, Shreveport to be precise. I see your in Lake Charles but oh well. How good is the subs and amp compared to the RE SE's? that seems like an awesome price....im new to the audio world so i have like literally no experience with it so im relying on the board to pick my stuff. If you guys think its a great deal and very nice subs along with the RE's then ill buy em.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7252
i'd still take an SE over the AQ not to kill a sale

both good subs athlough the SE will be a cleaner sounding sub and have the potential to drop lower.. output would be similar

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 25
well im going sealed and for a mixute of quality and loudness isnt that SQL or something like that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3864
the AQ's are not gonna shine in a sealed box. The SE's are slightly better sounding, but the difference wouldn't be noticed by most people and for $75 each (+ shipping) they are a better deal-lol. Both are great budget subs.. You aren't killin a sell. I am not really trying to sell em.. I will sell if it fit someone's needs on here. The amp would do well for a little comp set or a high powered comp set.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3866
SPL- pure loudness
SQ- sound quality
SQL- even mixture of both.

A properly built ported box can sound as good as most sealed boxes.. Build and install have a lot to do with it.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3112
I kinda want those subs Mark. no lie. I might be interested.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3113
i sent you a text Mark, I got an idea.

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 26
Never new ported could be as nice as sealed.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7253
to an extent..

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 27
thats what i figured you can always upgrade to better equipment even after you think you have the best....i already figured that out fast.

Username: Cyam

Post Number: 9
Hey man, I got a good system for about $500. I don't like cheap stuff but I'm on a budget like you are. Keep those subs...make sure you get an amp that feeds them enough power, might need a capacitor (around 1Mill farad for every 1000w). Tweeters only do so much and I prefer to get 3 or 4 way speakers with built in tweeters...they do good enough. For mid range I would get a few pioneer or sony 6x9's and build custom oversided boxes, cuz it sounds like you got some extra room in your car. XD Make the boxes sealed and dampen them with polyfill. This makes them have faster response to double bass pedal and rock style bass. Undersized boxes will work best for rock and country when you push them really loud. I installed a system for my friend in his Dodge Ram for under $400 and he is still pushing 750 watt RMS 2200 watts max and his truck shakes like crazy. Rock sounds amazing in there. You dont have to spend the big bucks to get a system that kicks hard.
Hope that helps ya.
CJ

Gold Member

Post Number: 3909
^^^^

Upload

that post is full of fail!!!! Someone else will have to explain. I gotta go deliever some puppies!! they are soooooooo fu<kin' cute!! 1 solid white female so far! (pitbull)

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3131
wtf, DO NOT listen to any of what CJ Jam just said.

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 846
wow they way things are going on here :-(
just get the RE SE and a RD1000.1 and you will be happy with it!

Silver Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 166
after reading all of that.. Get you the 2 RE SE 12's. I'm sure they would be plenty for you in a Ranger in a sealed enclosure. If you wanted to go louder, a nice ported enclosure would do the trick. The AQ would be good for those subs if youre looking for a good amp for a good price. I would say get you a decent 4 channel amp and get you 4 co-axle speakers. 2 for up front, 2 for the rear. Run them on high pass and you'll have plenty of highs to compensate for sitting on top of the subs :-) Run you a 4 guage wiring kit, cap could be optional.. Done deal :D Alpine head units are nice too, but thats just my preference.

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 28
Quentin what happened to the AQ1200d...u changed on me lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3910
another post that basically says the same stuff as the CJ yam.. Why get co-axle's and put an amp on them when you can get a good deal on a decent comp set and do it right the first time? The sound quality and overall listening pleasure will be night and day, so long as the install is done properly. As for the rear speakers, the co-axles will suffice and do not need to be amped. Just run them directly off of the HU or leave them out of the install completely. They are really not needed and really can't be heard for the most part.. The cap is also a waste and will not be needed. He is correct about the AQ amp and 4 Ga. wire kit.

Co-Axles are good enough for a lower powered sub-stage, but the volume olume that would be needed to keep up with a 1200 wrms RE SE or equiv. setup, would likely distort most co-axle mids/highs (if not blow them).

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 29
hey Mark while i got u watching this thread again i gotta question....say i go with the RE SE front component setup. they are so big that they wont be able to fit in my door....where would i be able to put them? maybe put them in a seperate compartment in the box id build? i just do not know.

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 854
"Quentin what happened to the AQ1200d...u changed on me lol"

lol when did i say AQ?

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 855
"Quentin what happened to the AQ1200d...u changed on me lol"

lol when did i say AQ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3912
here is what I did Josh.
[IMG]http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=55&pictureid=451[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=55&pictureid=450[/IMG]

Gold Member

Post Number: 3913
http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=55&pictureid=450

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=55&pictureid=451

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 856
mark do you ever kick or hit them getting in or out of your truck or anything?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3914
not really.... I warn anybody getting into the passenger seat to make sure they are aware that the speakers are there... Usually the tweet gets pushed in which is a 10 second fix.

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 857
ahhh ic ic, well i'm thinking of just pitting mine in the A piller and woofer in the door some how, we get snow up here and ppl dont knock snow off there feet before getting in, so i'd be scard of them gettin wet and salt on them

Gold Member

Post Number: 3915
i know what you are saying, but you wouldn't really have much to worry about. I deal with wet and muddy shoes. Even if you touch one with dirty shoes, The grill stops the speaker from getting damaged and because II covered the pods with vinyl, I just wipe them off. As long as you warn people and have plenty of foot space. the generally don't get messy. If my kids can not mess them up, then anyone can. lol Also I already have a comp set in my doors. lol

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 858
lol well i'm going to try and make door pods or something like a guy did on here

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 30
Yea i like that idea....I think i would still put it in the back tho I do not think i could put everything up front ima big guy and its about perfect now but if we start putting boxes up there i think itll be a little tite for my liking.
Quentin- well i guess i imagined that you were saying the AQ1200d. Guess it was Jack that said it.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7261
door pods are fun :-)

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 860
i love the look of door pods lol

and yeah, i'm a big of AQ, and never seen them in person

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 31
just like me...im a big fan of RE and i havent even seen one or heard one in person

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7264
so you going to buy something or what?

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 32
yea i am. my dad is in the car business and deals with installers and everything else. he says i have nothing but time so hes taking his time calling around. I just made him a list of everything that way when he calls he can get prices and we'll see whats happening. I have 400 now hes pitching in 200 and then im thinking ill ask for the components/head unit for christmas but who knows.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7265
just get the RE SEs off ebay.. itll be the cheapest place you can find them..

as far as the aq1200 .. there is no places to call besides aq themselves.. should not be that big of a deal.. seems straight forward

600 is enough for that sub/amp combo

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 33
ok sounds good. i've been on ebay thousands of times but ive never bought anyting off there so i guess ill have to make one of those paypal accounts.

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 864
good luck, can't wait to see this setup

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 34
thanks i was bored after school today so i decided to take apart my box ive been telling yall about. It is called a Roadmaster RTS 3000 I believe....http://www.propertyroom.com/itemdetails.aspx?l=6319250# that is it but it appears that its different because when i took it apart it looked more like a miniature sub that it does speakers. Is that basically the same as a component speaker? I havent gotten to listen to it play sense I have not gotten my cousins amps to try it out yet and he is in Cozumel diving. Anyways now that i have found out what it is I figured id ask you guys what you thought of it. It is wired at 4 OHMS

Gold Member

Post Number: 3919
Quick....... Do yourself a favor and take everything that goes with that roadmaster setup and throw it in the nastiest stinkiest dumpster you can find.... That way you wont be tempted to go get it... Wow!

You owe me one for that!!!

If you are still reading this.... You did not throw it away fast enough....

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 35
wow.....that bad huh? like just crappy or what? I was trying to play around with it and i got it to actually crackle like all it needs is music to go through it but its not wanting to work......listen i know what your saying and i will but ive worked hard on trying to at least get sound to come through it so would you tell me how to do it that way i can get it outa my system and throw it away

Gold Member

Post Number: 3922
I can't recall a namebrand that is as bad as Roadmaster. Makes Dual, Pyramid, Boss, Volfenhag, look like topnotch equipment. There is a reason it don't work... They don't want you to knw how sh!tty it sounds. lol sorry.

Seriously. toss it.

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 36
lol, yea......well now im screwed cause of how stupid i was....i did something wrong and it like fried the head unit....suks now i cant even listen to music.....ima try and sell it for 20 bucks just to get 20 for it...im sure somebody will buy it. now i have no clue what ima do.....my radio wont play and everytime i adjust my volume my speakers in the back of my truck go boom boom...like the bass it going bump and stopping its not good and so im not doing anything else right now.....man im so stupid and impatient.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7268

Gold Member

Post Number: 3930

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 870
hahahahahahahaha Mark

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 37
ok guys so i know yall got a laugh or a chuckle out of my ordeal but now get this......my radio works but everytime i go from level 0 to any level above it my back right speaker goes bump (i say bump more like a booomppp) and then it stops and i turn it up more and it plays it.....my left side is 100% fine and loud but i thought my front right speaker wasnt playing whenever i was listening to music for the past week and now ino its not and my back right one isnt loud right now....ahhhh idk.....i measure my back ones and they are 5X8? they are stock so ill probably buy new ones.....ahhh i might as well just start buying all new speakers for my truck and add them to my list....sheeesshhhh its not cool....AND BY THE WAY.....ALOT OF THIS IS THE guy who owned the truck before me fault.....ive been tracing the wiring and he has jiggy rigged the wires through the door into under the hood with a make shift fuse barely on 2 wires....with duct tape on some kind of breaker i guess...and then more wires skipping the battery but going towards the alternator.......i mean seriously....

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7269
you just need to buy a complete system and do a complete install.. and if your not comfortable doing the install.. pay someone

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 38
so the wiring as i described is wrong?

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7271
personally i'd never use wiring someone else had done unless i knew the person who installed it

take everything out and start fresh.. take your time and do it correct;y.. ask questions before you make actions

when in doubt.. leave it alone until someone can show/describe exactly what needs to be done

or again.. pay someone

your budget is going to increase quite a bit.. plan on spending at least 1000 for decent equipment.. most likely buying used if possible

h/u
wiring
subs
comps
amps
box

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 39
ok, right now ive concluded that the subs are going to wait until Christmas.....that means right now im going to buy the Alpine CDA 9887, and i need wiring and coaxial speakers? correct? What coaxial speakers should i buy? After i take care of that I will see how much money I have left and I hope ill buy components before Christmas and get the RE SE's for Christmas. Does this sound fine, or do I need to buy subs before comps?

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7272
you don't need coaxs.. just throw out a budget you want for a set of components and amp for those

personally i'd do it like you are.. start out with a nice headunit.. and do your frontstage.. adding a substage last

so.. what is your budget for comps/comp amp?

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 40
well my dads so mad at me right now he can spit nails.........i think im just going to leave it alone and wait until he tells me what to do.....he told me that he would call around about everything but never told me his guys would come check it out so yea.....now sometime...no telling when he'll call his "pros" and theyll come out and look at it and tell me whats wrong and everything else.....so im sorry ive put you guys through all this....i know what i want but i guess i cant complain when my dad is taking care of it.....ahhh....i think im more like him than he even realizes i like to do stuff take it apart understand the workings that kind of stuff....but w/e w/e. ill touch back with you guys when i know whats going on and whats happening. and how much of that 400 i still have....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3934
Good luck Josh.... If you ever get down to Lake Charles, I'de be happy to help you out anyway possible.

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 41
thanks Mark and yea, if i only lived south lol....oh well.....he cant be mad at me for long...ill just throw the whole story at him about him taking apart his engine and transmission and everything else outa his first vehicle and then finding out he cant put it back together.....so yea...lol i might be dead in the morning so if i dont touch back in 4 weeks call the po po....im j/k im still gonna write down everything i need or want and then compare it to what his pros are doing and ask yall about it.

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 44
Well guys, I still do not know whats happening about my speakers and everything...HOWEVER...i did still get my cousins amps he was saying i could have.....they're not very good but it sounds liek some of them or one of them would be a good one to run components/speakers off of....heres the list of them:
Sony Xplod 1200W
Kenwood KAC 8402 4 channel amp
BAJA BA400 400 watt Bridgeable 2 channel MOSFET amp

Sell all of them? Keep one? what should i sell them for? He also gave me a TON of wiring that im just going to give to the guys that will hook everything up and tell em to use it if its any good.

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 892
id say sell everything but idk how much its all worth and prb not much at all

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 45
well how much am i going to spend on the audioque 1200d amp and another amp to run my comps? i guess that would tell me what i can sell them for. Oh yea, guys around here do NOT know or realize good brands from bad.....theyre like me when i first got on here.

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 901
well add they thing up if you want, go to AQ.com and look it up

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 47
i couldnt find prices on AQ.com....and i was gonna do that but you guys said that you were gonna tell me which components and amps to buy later so i guess its pointless now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1213
http://www.audioque.com/aq/order.htm

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 48
sold the sony 1200 watt xplod amp today for a 100 bucks, and working on selling the other 2 for another 100 or 120 something like that. Anyways thanks for the link Pizz and its a little more than i thought its gonna be like 700 bucks for the amp AND sub. the amp is 250 and the subs are 420 not shipped. SO.... Dad made me an appointment with his Audio guys Wednesday so ill find out what all they rip out and what all they can get. Just waiting on Wednesday to get here.

Silver Member
Username: Billybobjoesmithjr_th_3ed

Southside, TX US

Post Number: 396
Sony Explode 2000's are the best in that line

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2750
Willam is a douche bag!

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 52
Now you see William....before I was on this forum I would have said ok and bought them....BUT...luckily I have common sense to figure out hey....if this is what the pro's use and its CHEAPER....i wonder why....good day to you sir.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7310
Upload

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 53
yea, so i go over to the audio place the guy looks it over and boom....thats it he says take it to us tomorrow....they "didnt" have time for it today. BUT when he popped the hood he was like WTF! lol it was kinda funny but i got to wait until tomorrow to do everything

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7328
so your getting equipment from the shop? i foresee you not getting very much.

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 54
^^
No, I said i will talk to the guy and see what he has....if he doesnt have much or anything then ill order my own and we'll just build everything and have them install it. I just dont know. I mentioned RE to him and he said he doesnt have that brand and if he doesnt have Alpine Type R's I probably will just say forget it we'll buy what we want. ill mention all the brands he has to you guys and we'll see if any of them are worth a dang which they probably wont be but we'll know soon enough.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7329
go with the original plan and don't waste your time asking what he has to offer.. eventually hell talk you into buying something.. i see it happen over and over

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 55
ok, well the problem is going to be him selling my dad......MAINLY because he will trust this guy and wont want to order/make anything so he'll wanna buy it all from the guy im sure. im going to tell him not to go with him and thats not what i want and that id just sell it and buy new ones because theyre not as good as the ones im lookin at.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7330
the problem is.. your going through your dad :-)

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 56
hehe, yep that'd be it. I am the one thats buying the subs tho and im almost got enough money to buy the amp...i have 530 im about 140 off and im almost gonna make that when i sell those other amps....THEN! I will need to buy the Alpine CDA 9887....crap...all i need is money...isnt that everybodies problem? lol

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 57
Well got back from the audio place...they got all the wiring out....well so i thought and they fixed my speakers so i thought....it was all good until i looked in my back seat up in the door was all the wires still hooked up they didnt take out and then my back right speaker is popping still whenever i turn the radio on and when i turn off the truck...so now i have to go BACK for them to do what they didnt do.

Oh yea they had subs and boxes for them...the brand is Quantum Platinums and some other brand i never heard of. they wanted 250 for the subs and box for 2 12''s

Gold Member

Post Number: 3985
Leave quickly and cut your loses.. Then find a decent place that can follow directons. Go with the original plans.

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 58
I dont have a say in the matter......

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7335
im pretty sure you do.. just don't spend a dime of your cash.. if your dad wants to pay for the truck so be it.. at least your not wasting your money

its quite simple

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 59
ok???....im not spending a dime of my cash....i talked it over with my dad and hes still doing alot to my truck but im gonna buy the sub and amp tho...so ill be fine. and i talked him into buying the box and helping out when i get my grades back up to A's and B's.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7337
hope you didnt talk him into buying a prefab

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 60
no, we're building my box and putting fiberglass on the outside remember?

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 61
ok guys....ready to start building the box. Im ordering the subs like tomorrow and we're going to home depot to get the materials we need for the box. So anybody would like to design me a box? Needs to be sealed and house 2 12" RE SE. I think thats it. I'll have to come up with something about comps later on but that comes after the subs and head unit.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5371
1.4 cu. net each, center divider, 1 inch MDF, 1" dacron sheeting on all sides but baffle.

I don't have time to read all of it so why did this thread take 132 posts?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4012
good question Brad.. Why sealed, Josh?. Se's like ported better, but sealed will work.. Space issue?

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 62
No I thought that sealed was what yall recommended me.....at least im pretty sure that Jack said sealed and that Quentin and all of them said sealed because i listen to country, rock, and rap....im a newb when it comes to rap but im kinda liking having all the thump in the truck.

Oh yea guys can you explain about the box more? this is my first one so yea. If yall agree for me to go ported than how will i need to design one then?.....arghhh I dont care I just want a loud system that i can beat most of the other guys at my school if not all of them. I think i have enough space in the back of my truck. How much space will i need?

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 116
http://reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

throw in your dimensions and see what you get and let us know from there

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7353
the SEs shine in a sealed box.. yes they do well in ported but from what the op listens to sealed would be the way to go. otherwise he'd have to tune lower and deal with some roll-off

You only need to run 1 cube per sub after displacement.. and ditto on the divider.. do not run a common chamber for a sealed enclosure

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7354
and btw.. since its seald you really don't need help designing the box.. basic math to find volume.. remember to calculate wood thickness at .75

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 63
Ok, what kind of wood do I buy? Where do i need to purchase one of those plastic wiring things that you plug the wires that goes from your amp to your sub? Do I use wood glue with nails? no glue? screws?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1253
3/4" mdf

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?srchExt=CAT&srchCat=417

Use wood glue, drywall screws(like 1.5"), caulk, pre-drill where you will put screws, and you can countersink the screws if you choose.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3221
and use a pool if you kerf.

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 64
do what snow?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2791
"and use a pool if you kerf"

^ I always had a hunch he was wheeler.

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 65
ok, well FINALLY i ordered the subs and amp. Im sorry guys it took me a week of bugging my dad about giving me his credit card to do it. So i ordered it last night and got free shipping. UPS Ground.....I just found out that ill most likely be waiting 7-20 days on them to ship me all of my stuff....what a drag.

http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/reaudiose12.aspx i ordered the subs from here for 280 shipped.

I went to audioque and ordered the amp from them for 230 shipped. I just can not wait to get everything here and hooked up.

The guys that worked on my car put new speakers in it and then it was still not powering my back right one so I have to get another head unit but im asking for that for christmas. I am almost there.....

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 66
do i have anything to worry about with DCCA? ive heard both awesome and horrid reviews about them now and im a bit worried. what do you guys think?

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 67
well guys apparently you think im full of it or dont care or whatever the case is.

BUT I GOT THT K.A. AMP in today and man i have to tell you its sweet. aq1200d in case you guys didnt know or thought id buy a crappy off brand. Only thing to do now is wait for the subs.......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us