Running wire??? help please

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1570
i cant find a way to run the power wire the the battery? im runnin 4 ga and it wont ft through the grommet and i cant find any place to run it under and get into the trunk... any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4107
Keep looking. There's always a place to drill through the firewall. Just get down there and look harder.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4953
Try harder..
Drill holes.
run it under the car tied to the frame rail. Just follow the rear brake line runs. Then drill up into the trunk.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1934
Drill a larger hole, put in a new grommet. I used a 3" hole saw to cut my firewall. Then I slit a length of fuel line,and glued it around the edge of the cut. If you're running 4g though your average drill kit will have one to fit your needs, just pick up a grommet from Lowes or Autozone.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1935
Just thinking back, I've worked on a mexican dudes car- he ran a 2ft long 2" pvc pipe from his engine bay down to his feet inside lol..
Don't do that.

Gold Member

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1571
haha i got it. i found a car specific website and they had some pics but it was a b!tch lol well as long as i got you guys i gotta fuse box in the trunk and i was juss gonna run my remote wire to that. what is a good fuse size to run it to?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4956
for remote wire? like a 5-10 amp or so. But it should be fused as close to the HU as possible.

Gold Member

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1572
does it matter that much? i had it fused in the back seat of my old trailblazer and i never had a problem. i juss dont wanna have to pull the HU out lol

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4959
well, the fuse is to protect the rem wire in case of short.
It wont protect the HU is it shorts under the seat..Will it.
Thats why it should be as close to the HU as possible.
depending on the HU, the one on the HU power should be sufficiant in case of rem failure, but a $1.50 inline fuse on the rem is good insurance.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 760
worthless thread

Gold Member

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1574
f*ck you

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5337

quote:

Just thinking back, I've worked on a mexican dudes car- he ran a 2ft long 2" pvc pipe from his engine bay down to his feet inside lol..
Don't do that.

Upload

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 763
Did I say anything mean to you? No I don't think so. You didn't even post the car type, so how in the FACK is someone gonna help you? Firewalls aren't hard sh1t bag. Any ways suck a fat babies d1ck and have a nice day lol

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10663
Hahaha if you put the fuse in the back its the same as not having a fuse

Gold Member

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1576
i dont think you guys understand... im not running the remote to the HU. just running it to the fuse box in the back to turn the amp on and off.... not an inline fuse... i had it done like that in my trailblazer, or should i run it to the HU?

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 793
id run the wire under the car,

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 798
I'd sell it. Sound like your shitt is gonna catch on fire

Silver Member
Username: Billybobjoesmithjr_th_3ed

South, TX US

Post Number: 176
first drill a little hole and shine a flashlight in it if you can see the other side drill a bigger hole if nothing is in the way
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us