House Speakers

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3227
Been in my house at school for a few weeks and my logitech speakers just aren't cutting it. I wanna buy some big time speakers for my house for parties, but i know NOTTA about home audio. Like I want speakers they have at bars that will rock my house and BUMP. All my neighbors are college kids so I don't have neighbors to make mad. figure like 400 bucks for everything i'll need to be able to hook up an ipod or my mac

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3228
screw it, gimme options for 400 and like 800. My dad built a house for a guy with a $80 dollar theater ad the guy had like 4 15s in his house and some crazy stuff. obviously thats way more than like 800 bucks, but gimme some options. where to start?

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 756
yamaha makes a nice HT setup, comes with a stand a lone receiver, does 100x5 @8ohms.I think it was like 400. check best buy

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21072
Cerwin Vega is popular. They were the rave back in my day. Not too expensive.

http://www.cerwinvega.com/

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

You choose to be ignor...

Post Number: 1426
check out parts express you could put something really nice together from there. do you want a home theatre or a PA setup for indoor use?

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 2060
You will need a reciever and I would look to spend at least $300+ on one.....do not cheap out at all.

For a budget Fluance makes great stuff!
I have the Es1 tower speakers and my buddy has the SXHTB+5 and for they price they perform. We both have 120rms x 7 recievers.

http://www.fluance.com/shop-speakers.html#floorstanding-speakers

You will not get tons of bass from just having speakers you will NEED a sub and I no of no company that sells cheaper home theatre subs...try to look around locally for one as I found a $800 Velodyne sub for sale locally for $250

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 2061
"I want speakers they have at bars that will rock my house"

I missed that part....lol

Sounds like you want a PA system and I believe you will be looking to spend some serious coin for a set up like that :p

My home theatre set up has a centre channel speaker and two towers speakers (waiting on rears) with a 600rms 12" sub and I can rattle my house and I've had my neigbours come over to ask me to turn it down.

My sub is in about a 2000cubic foot room with two open areas into my kitchen.....she's loud.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21074
Yup. I put in about $1000 just in my HT sub alone. Granted you can't buy mine in stores. You're going to need a beefy amp if you're looking for, well, what you're looking for. It's not just the speakers that will set you back. And for what you're after it's not going to happen on 100w.

Also consider that college life isn't easy on equipment. You'll have many a night where drinks will be spilled on your speaks and chicks climbing on top of them. Sounds fun until the next morning......

Also, get speaks with wheels, if they're going to be large enough.

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1359
Cerwin Vega. Biggest bang for buck. First and foremost listen thoroughly before buying any equipment.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5329
http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=LS1502
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us