Need help with system

Username: Dmathews

Post Number: 1
Ok I have 2 Kicker CompVR 12's in a sealed box in my 99 explorer and I am pushing them with a 1000w sony xplode amp. I have a Jensen double din UV8020 DVD player for my headunit and I am wanting to know how I can make my system hit harder. I know the amp is not much but I want to change the box, I have no clue on building a box and I know that a ported will hit better and stuff but dont know how I should go about doing it, I need like a design or something for a box that would make it hit better. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Turnmat

Www.j-designs.org

Post Number: 1108
Ok. well first off you should replace your amp with a better amp.

As for building a box you will need 2.0 cu ft per sub tuned to 36 hz. Give us some dimensions to work with to come up with box dimensions.

Username: Dmathews

Post Number: 2
Well I have all the room I need really, it is behind my second row of seats in my explorer, so what dimensions should the box be and how do I tune it to 36hz. How do u find this info, thanks

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1569
http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html\

there ya go plug all your stuff into that and itll tell ya everything ya need to know

Gold Member
Username: Turnmat

Www.j-designs.org

Post Number: 1110
I looked it up on the kicker website.

Silver Member
Username: Billybobjoesmithjr_th_3ed

South, TX US

Post Number: 125
get you a sony explode 2000 them kickers will take it...I have a friend that runs 4 kicker comp15's on two sony explode 2000's and he busted out 3 windshields...he has the loudest system in texas right now, his vehicle is about your size also its a chevy trailblazer
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us