Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7671
Yes, I built one.
And blew it up.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2126
it blew up? did it break anything? i don't want to screw up my car by putting a bomb in it.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4098
Your car is already screwed up.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Post Number: 7672
No, I just built one and filled a bottle w/ hydrogen. Then blew the whole thing up.

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 837

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Post Number: 7674
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/off-topic/514778.html

FYI
Ended up that my uncle was full of chit.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 747
gas is a lubricant for your engine, unless you find away to counter that I dunno. I know engines well, and I know that a lot of smaller engines that run off natural gas a propane they dont last long. I'm still curious to check it out

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6537
its not worth it making a hydrogen generator, it wont work. well it will work but it wont make you get better mpg or anything other then waste your time. if you get a tank of hydrogen and regulate it to flow into your intake depending on rpm and load then you would see improvements but I dont think its worth having a bomb in your car.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21055
Great fuel saving tip:

Don't drive as much!

Seriously. If you're all about saving gas costs then look at the obvious first. Take all the dead weight that's in your car you don't need and remove it. Check your tire pressure in all the tires and fill to appropriate levels. Consolidate your errands. Stop running to the store daily for your grocery needs, shop less frequently. Drive a pick up? Put the tail gate down to conserve drag.

Trust me. It's easier/cheaper to conserve than produce. Tricks pop up all the time like this. Sometimes the solution is staring you in the face.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3098
or an even better tip, don't wall off your car with 2,000 lb's of plywood.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21059

Yes but those doing so shouldn't have fuel economy on their mind to begin with now should they?

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 751
Also if you have big wheels get rid of them 1lb in wheel weight is about equal to 10lbs of gross weight. I'm going from 17s @ 27lbs each to 16s @ 14.5lbs each. Thats almost 500lbs which would be equal to a half a second in a quarter mile. Now none of this is exact. We're talkin 2-3mpgs better in my car, plus better stopping distances. Also driving around town your shifting in and out of overdrive is bad. Also lucas fuel treatment is pretty cheap and will in crease mpg

Bronze Member
Username: Circa09skater

Post Number: 82
actually keep the tailgate up. it provides better fuel economy than with it down. they proved it on myth busters.

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1356
Wait, are you meaning to ask about a HHO generator or an actual fuel cell? I ask because a fuel cell requires having hydrogen in elemental form which is not commercially available unless you live in cali. If you are confused and mean HHO generator do some research on it and you will see what everyone else is seeing.

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1173
"actually keep the tailgate up. it provides better fuel economy than with it down. they proved it on myth busters."

^Pretty sure that was only because they were doing highway driving.

Bronze Member
Username: Circa09skater

Post Number: 83
ok so then keep it up on the highway

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21062
Or take the bus.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2127
im talking about the HHO generator
ill go look at a few around my area. maybe some one will let me try one out before it take them time to make one

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6540
dont waste your time. do some research they dont work. You cant make enough hho without tons of current. which puts a draw on the ele system and engine more and gets worse MPG, plus the o2 sensor reads the extra o2 and thinks its running lean so adds more fuel making your car run rich and get worse mpg.

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1357
Thanks Matt I was gonna say the same thing. Do some research before even asking these people. These people most likely have no idea what is going on and will most likely start quoting dribble from BS websites.

Silver Member
Username: Billybobjoesmithjr_th_3ed

South, TX US

Post Number: 155
sounds like a fishing experiment to me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us