DD 3515 vs AQ HDC3

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 969
Alrite, i never bought the civic hatch, with the money i bought a 99 s10 blazer 4dr.

I finaly talked my boss into getting Atomic and DD subs. The other guy i work with done a 146.4 with a Atomic Extinction Level Event Series 15" on termlab, in a new charger sub and port front, 6cubes @ 47hz on 1600rms.

Me now, he said the DD 3515 is a more well designed sub, and the audioques glue is not as good and he seen them break at comps. I just want something other than kicker, but have to get 2 of these 15's lol, either 3500 or hdc3 15's. Will be on AQ 3500 amp. I need your opinions on which of the 2 to get. Im looking mainly for loudness, but i dont want it to fall apart.

DD 3515 = 440$ each (shop cost)

AQ HDC3 = 310$ each with shipp

whats overall better/louder

Gold Member
Username: Turnmat

Www.j-designs.org

Post Number: 1103
Both are great subs and i would be very surprised if either of them fell apart on the power you will be giving them.

If i was you i would ask how much power the AQ got before they failed?

Both of them are great subs and you will be happy with which ever sub you choose. I would go with the AQ because they are not as expensive.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12136
If you want the loudest get the 3515 from dd. We had a 3512 older series from dd and easily could have achieved a 146 with 1200 watts. The hdc could do the same in a twelve but it took more power.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2915
as far as build quality goes, DD is hard to beat. you get what you pay for. AQ is similar, but more budget fit. you'd still have to really beat the hell out of it to make it fall apart.

if you don't mind spending the extra cash i'd go DD, but if you plan on pushing each of them to the limit, you might as well play it safe and save a little $ when replacement time comes around...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7670
The DD3500 is an amazing sub. I have run them for quite a while. I have made them loud on anywhere from 900 to 2600wrms and they are great daily.

I have to say though, if you are working for a shop that sells DD...the DD vs AQ question should be a no-brainer. Run the DD, build a great install around it, show your customers what your capabilities.

Hell, I have been known to put 2 DD1508s in my vehicle just to screw with customers that want "dem soloz". I have a 6th order w/ a pair of them now what I demo all the time.

Run what you sell, build better then your local competition, win the customers over. They are buying you and your install as much as they are the sub/amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15470
id choose dd as well ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 970
thanks,

we have a few dd 2515's in stock, and they are pretty nice, and i was really wanting the dd 3515's, i guess ill put a order in.

they should handle the aq 3500 daily right? i mean a pair 3515's

also is there a big difference in the 2500's and the 3500's

Gold Member

Post Number: 7675
You would be surprised how loud you can get the 2500's. I have done 151's w/ a pair on 2 DDM1a in a 4door dodge truck.

The AQ3500 would be nice on 2 3515's daily, but again, if you are selling DD...why build w/ AQ? You are undermining yourself. Go w/ an amp brand you carry.

NickV (also works at the shop w/ me) is doing high 149's in a trunk car w/ 2 DD2510s, and that is a daily setup.

What vehicle are you working with?

Silver Member

Post Number: 972
it is a 1999 chevy s10 blazer 4dr, the only reason i said the aq 3500, cause price, but your right about showing off our new brands...

i know the dd's are higher, although my buddy with the atomic also said go all DD, he said 2 3515's on DDM4 i believe

he said i could easily beat his atomic extinction series 15" with the DD 3515 lol, so him running atomic and saying i could beat him, i believe it lol

but yea, i may save lil more for the better DDM4

Silver Member

Post Number: 973
"off the subject real quick"

when he was at the comp he saw 2 DD 9515's in a new blazer doing a 155, and a crx with 4 memphis mojo 12's on 4 mojo 4k's, him doing a 161, USACI

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12152
My brothers Cherokee was louder than his crx when it came to meca headrest scores. Hes since sold the crx.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7677
In the kick (USACi) the CRX has an advantage.
But 2-15s in a blazer can get loud.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12153
Hey canaan my brothers jeep liberty did 147.... in the kick with a single solobaric 8 l7

Gold Member

Post Number: 7678
Dam nice #.

Silver Member

Post Number: 974
d@mn 147 L7 8" whoa

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12154
it was almost 5 db louder than the sealed on the dash score.

ps. I just rembered the exact score 147.2

Gold Member

Post Number: 7679
what freq and power?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12155
56 hz and at least 1 k I think im not positive. My bro said whatever power it was it didnt even get warm. And that was a termlab reading.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12156
Ill see if my bro has any footage of it. If he does ill get him to post it on ecoustics.

Silver Member

Post Number: 975
lol d@mn,

any1

sub displacement 3515????

anywhere abouts

Bronze Member
Username: Khae

Post Number: 91
hey do you still want a dd 3515? illl sell it to you if u want its in a great working conditon with a carbon fiber dust cap dual 4 ohm i can sell it to you for 350 shipped

Silver Member

Post Number: 981
well actually i ordered 2 from tha shop, but if that was a lil earlier, i prob wold have
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us