Just shipped out.... Just got in... (pics)

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3815
Just sold my brand new replacement Mechman Alt. Thank god. Took a $125 loss on it but I am thankful it is gone. Had I known that they were using the Ford G4 Alt for their build I would have never bought the thing. One of the worse Alts ever designed and especially to beef up. Matt at Mechman was a great dude and I will not bash MM stuff. It is just not for me. 5 failures is not good.
I just ordered a DC Power 275 amp (200 idle) alt that should be installed by the weekend after next.
I opt'ed for the $50 extra internally regulated model over Jeeps PCM controlled model. The difference should be ~14.4 volts(pcm controlled) as compared to ~15.1 volts (internally regulated). Matt said that you cant beat on this alt for more than 15-20 mins without a break to cool down. Robbie said you can't hurt this alt. That tells me loads about the manufactures confidence in their products as well.

Changing the subject.

Just got 2-15" Sonances in. They are going in the ' Burban... They are replacing 2-15" CVX's. We do not have the proper enclosure for them yet, so we dropped them in the same prefab box's that the CVX's were in for a direct comparison. Each box is 4.5 ^3 ft tuned to 35 hz. Entirely too big for the Sonances, but they still blew away the CVX's in every way, shape or form.. The upper bass is 1000% better and the lower bass is no longer sloppy and muddy. I have since removed them since they need at least 1^3ft less airspace each. And I know Shawn's stupid azz will want to wang on them not giving a chit of the consequences. They are being powered by 2 pr series 1000 wrms Memphis amps for now.. I'm gonna try to talk him into 2 more Sonances and the 3250V.2 that is on pre-order. That would be a sick setup... Will update later when the new alt arrives and the new enclosure is done.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 741
lol wang on them. Lets see some vids

Silver Member
Username: Jd93kid

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 208
Yeah looks nice.. I am about to order a Sonance 15" myself.. I agree with kyle lets see some vids

Gold Member
Username: Turnmat

Www.j-designs.org

Post Number: 1099
looking good. You are almost doing a identical build that i am working on...lol

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7666
Mark, good to hear you are getting a new alt. That whole BS getting stuck in Lafayette was some chit. I know you had nothing but hell after that.

5 failures??? Really? WTF?
I wish you luck w/ this new one.

Oh...and are you ever gonna get loud :-)
I just got the Avalanche playing today. Got a little surprise in there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3817
Where are the Pics, Canaan? lol

I have no doubt that this alt will do the trick... I also have 2 of the C&D Tech. 134 AH Batts to add to the mix. 2 more to come shortly.

As for getting loud, well Next purchase with be the 2 15" HW's to run on the 5750 under the window line and dropping back into stock class.(until I decide to double up on the amps/subs).

at least text me with wtf you are talking about w/ the Avy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7669
I know someone here in Monroe w/ some C&D's for sale. Let me know if you want em, I'll call him.

I'll post pics and vids of the Avy tomorrow.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3819
need prices shipped to 70615 and price p/u or possible meet 1/2 way or whatever. Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12147
I bet youll really like how your sonances perform in the right enclosure

Gold Member

Post Number: 3824
He will need to upgrade his frontstage.... again. I am gonna throw away his POS Planet Audio Crossover and mids/highs amp. They just arn't doing the deal.. He needs to properly mount his Alpha comp set too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3825
Ohhh and Canaan... Where are the Pics and vids of the Avy?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7676
I lied

Gold Member

Post Number: 3932
Canaan, You said you could get more c+D batts locally. Get me a price on 2 of em..

Also how did the sheet o tweets turn out?

How about some updates on results of Ms. show and Avalanche.. Later

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 872
i'm just going to say it, Ohio Gen all the way, i have never hraed anything bad bad about them and that will be my next alt i get

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 633
I have 2 15" RD Sonance running around 1000watts rms at the moment and I love them. Can't wait for the 3250.1v2 :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us