Jensen VM9311ts Volum Knob Remote.

Username: Doot

Post Number: 1
Bought this head unit off of a friend.
Told me the volume button doesn't work.
I'm Like "Alright, 50 Bucks For the Head Unit, I Can Scrape Together Some Cash and Buy the Replacement Remote. No Biggy."

Get the Unit Home Yesterday and Install It With Some New Speakers. Everything Starts Up Fine Looks Good, I'm Stoked.
But How Do I Know the Speakers are working Right Without any Volume?
He Says Well the Volume Knob Works Sometimes So I Try It, Nothing. Wiggle It for a Little Nothing.
Finally I Think Oh Crap. I Have a Programmable Calculator/TV remote Wrist Watch, I Wonder if That Would Work... Go through the Codes For the Watch Get to Like 31 out of 33 and BAM!!! I Got this thing Beeping.
So I Know It Is Sensing the Remote. Stoked.
But the Volume Buttons on the Watch Are Scanning Stations and Not Changing the Volume. All the Buttons On the Watch Are Doing Something Different from What They Are Labeled To Do.
I Hit the Number 9 Button and The Volume Goes Up!!!

Awesome. But How Do I Turn It Down?
Can't No Button on The Watch Will Turn the Volume Down.
So Alright Screw It.
I Will Buy a Universal Remote.
Same Thing. Go Through the TV Codes. Find One That Works But Again None of the Buttons Act As They Are Labeled. I Find Again a Button to Turn the Volume Up But None to Turn It Down.
Search the DVD codes. One Locks In But This Time The Buttons Are Moved. Still Not Matched Up But It Does Some Things, Tilts the Screen and What not. No Volume Down Button.

I Don't Know What to Do.
The Only Way I Can Turn the Volume Down Is If I Turn the Unit Off and Then Back On Again. It Starts at 0 Volume.

What do You Guys Think i should Do?
Should I Send the Unit In To Jensen And Just Have Them Fix The Button? And If I Do I Wonder What They would Charge Me.

Should I Pay the 32 Bucks for an Aftermarket Remote That I found Online or 60 Bucks for the Original?

Or Does Anyone Know a code that Will Work Right With This Unit?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us