New sub advice..

Silver Member
Username: Jd93kid

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 171
Alright so I have a $200 - 250 maybe 300 budget. I already have an alpine mrp-m850 amp 800rms 1500max. I do not have a box yet. I am looking for suggestions on what to get. I am kind of leaning toward a type r because i had a 12 that sounded great but I'm looking to upgrade.

What do yall suggest??

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11580
Fi SSD :-)

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 172
Do you know where I can find those.. And which one should i get the dual 1 ohm I am assuming.. but 12, 15?

Just realized I forgot to put I am looking for SQL in my setup

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11582
I figured you were looking for SQL cause that's what everyone looks for lol.

Look on ficaraudio.com . Should be just around $200. If your amp does 800rms @ 1 ohm, then get the dual 2 ohm version of the sub. If your amp does 800rms @ 2 ohms, then get the dual 1 ohm version of the sub. The size depends on whatever you want. If you can fit a 15" with a properly sized box, then I'd go with the 15" personally.

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 173
I can.. That is what i was thinking of getting.. And yeah those look real nice. You think it'd be better than a type r.. what do you think would be the difference between them

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11584
IMO, I've heard the R and the SSD many times. Keep in mind that the SSD was off about 900rms and the R was off just around 500rms, but the SSD was noticeably louder and had better sq. The low-end of the SSD was better than the R as well. The "upper-end" of the SSD was weak but with a good set of components that isn't a big deal. I would take the SSD over the R everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 175
haha.. alright.. I wonder how the 15's would compare because they are about the same rms.. I wont be getting a component set for about 3 months but the stock speakers dont sound too bad for now..

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 177
So i guess the question is alpine type r 15" vs Fi SSD 15" vs. other suggestions?

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 178
Another question also.. if i did get the Fi SSD 15" should i get the upgraded BP and flatwind coil?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5073
SSD > R anyday. get the 15". The BP and flatwind coil add-ons you will both want if you choose one of them. They increase the power handling of the sub.

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 179
alright.. is that still good.. even tho i still can only give it 800 rms or should i just stick with no upgrades.

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1166
If you have the space why not go for an 18"ssd?

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 180
Well i guess I could.. Will it be less sound quality? should i get a sealed box if i get the 18.. I mean i just dont know

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 4046
What vehicle you have?

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 770
i had an 18" FI Q and it sounded GREAT! kills the lowss

i miss 18" subs

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 186
yeah.. my dad says until i move out of the house i cant get an 18 or 2 15's so for now its just gonna be 1 Fi SSD 15 because its all he'll let me get.. but atleast he's letting me.. i guess.. Do you think a box at about 3.4 cuft tuned to 33hz is good for this sub.. And should i get the fully loaded version.. I cannot supply the sub with more than 800w rms because thats all my amp does..

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5080
Jordan,

to avoid cluster on the forums could you keep everything in one thread? cause you have a couple threads about subs for youe s10. Just FYI.

as far as the box and tuning, yes, 3.5 cubes @ 34hz is great for the sub and should very good in both lows and highs. You don't really need to get the flatwind and the BP power on it.

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 187
ok.. and sorry about that.. I realize i did that now.. from now on i'll try to keep it all on one thread

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5082
Its cool man. I'm just lettin ya know. Plus its easier to keep track of your ideas and such.

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 188
yeah ha it probably would be ha. I just have so many ideas.. its crazy haha.. but i'm probably gonna stick with this setup altho it wont get in for about 2 or 3 months which sucks.. So until then I dont really know what to do.. ha

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 189
bad news.. and sorta good news.. My dad sold my truck apparently he wasnt giving it to me just letting me borrow it till he could sell it. Now i have to drive my car again, which isnt too bad considering it has a pioneer hu (deh-p5100ub) and wires already ran and i already have an amp (alpine mrp-m850) and a sub (Fi SSD 15" Fully Loaded).. Now i just need help getting a box again.

I dont know whether to make the box to approx. 16.5" x 24"w x 18" or if i need to make it approx. 13" x 30"w x 19" and i also dont know how to face it in a 98 infiniti because the back seat is leather and has metal behind it.. i dont know if that will cancel some of the sound out. My dad suggested taking the seat all the way out as well as the metal behind it. Anyway.. does anyone have any suggestions or comments on anything?

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 190
Did ecoustics just like have site maintenance or is it my computer being g@y?? ha

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2030
site maintenance most likely

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 191
yeah.. ha i hope so.. do you guys have any advice on what size box and how to fit a box for a Fi SSD 15" in my trunk

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4223
i have a tc sounds neo axis 12 id sell you for 275 shipped. i paid 450ish for it :-(

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 192
whats the rms on one of those

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5084
just face the subs firing into the trunk. for the size, 3.5 cuft @ 35 would be great.

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 193
so that would be towards the seats?? just making sure.. and alright thanks for the specs.. It's either gonna be really wide or it's gonna be a hassle to get it in there...

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5085
no. subs would be facing towards the trunk.

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 194
ok.. that is what I was thinking.. Do you know if the back seats deaden any of the sound in an infiniti or do they not really have an effect?

Silver Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Georgia United States

Post Number: 126
the back seat not being able to fold down is going to stop alot of the sound to get into the cabin of your car..

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 195
oh.. that sucks.. is there anything i can do about that.. My dad suggested taking the back seat out.. If I did that I could put the sub where the back seat was.. or i could leave it in the trunk.. but i dont know if it would help..

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 196
also what do you guys think of the RD Sonance 15" vs the Fi SSD 15"

One of my friends suggested an RD Sonance.. I dont know anything about them..

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 198
Nevermind.. I'm getting the Sonance most likely..

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
i had my backseat removed in my accord and sat my subs in my back seat, itll be alot louder in the trunk unless you wall it off.. if i was you, id take the back of the back seat off and store it somewhere, but put the subs in your trunk. and id get the sonance over the ssd..

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 200
ok.. so subs in the trunk are louder and taking the back of the back seat out helps? Hmm.. I could prolly do that.. I mean if i needed for someon to sit in the back they still could just would be too comfortable ha.. That is what you were saying right??

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
right.. take the BACK of the backseat out but still put the subs rear firing in your trunk.. i figured it would be louder closer to me sitting in my backseat but i was wrong. i was noticeably louder in the trunk versus it being in the back seat.. but ur friends are gonna call u a B!TCH for making them sit back there now. :-)

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 204
ha most of my friends can drive so i should be ok most of the time.. and if not then we'll hop in their car and waste their gas ha

Silver Member
Username: Billybobjoesmithjr_th_3ed

South, TX US

Post Number: 161
get sony explode 15's if you want to get really loud if you can afford it get Kicker comp 15's the Mofo is the baddest sub made
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us