2nd battery hookup help.

Silver Member
Username: Msand951

San jacinto, Ca Usa

Post Number: 190
Im planning in hooking up a second battery. I know you guys been asked this question a lot . But ,
Do i hook it up like i would a capacitor?
Would i need an isolator so it wount drain my other battery under the hood, or something like that?

And i saw a setup sort like that hooked up like a capacitor, but also had 0 gauge running from the battery from the hood to the battery in the back and another run from his alternator to the back battery.

Silver Member
Username: Msand951

San jacinto, Ca Usa

Post Number: 191
I getting a rd3250 in a couple of weeks. and im planning on a 200 or 240 amp alt. before its get here so i want to have everything ready.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4845
remember adding a second battery is NOT a solution by any means, if your charging system cant keep up as is then adding another battery may be futile. Remember a batteries job is to start the car but after the car is started the alternator does the grunt of the work to charge the electrical components and just by adding another battery your just adding another piece for your alt to charge. A second battery will only help small amounts in keeping small amounts of power readily available to be drained and recharged (this is why its recommended you use a deep cycle battery as your second so that its not damaged in this process)

otherwise a 2 second search on google yielded these results. hope they serve you well.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5073118_install-second-car-battery.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us