New Sub Time

Username: Ihatecopcars

New HavenUSA

Post Number: 1
I'm shopping around local pawn shops and such for a mid-high tier subwoofer/s. I just couldn't save my Lanzar and I don't want anymore problems like I had with that. I am running a Crunch Power Zone 1100 watt 2 channel amplifier with these specs if you aren't familiar with the model:

2 x 125 W @ 4 Ohms, 2 x 250 W @ 2 Ohms, 1 x 500 W @ 4 Ohms Max Power

I would like to stick with one 10' since I have the box and everything already but I'm not afraid to move up to something else. Mind you though, it is a Honda Civic so I don't have much room to play with. I just need to know some specs to look out for and what sub/s you guys think would be compatible with my amp. (I like JL and MTX I have seen a good amount in the shops too)

Silver Member
Username: Jd93kid

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 141
i personally dont like crunck amps and i dont think you are gonna find a 10' (10 foot) sub.. haha.. but I would go with like jl or alpine myself.. but you really need a different amp.. ha

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7169
what is your total budget

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 799
^2x, budget would help. Also, I would strongly reccomend building a custom box to the specs needed for whatever sub you do get.

New HavenUSA

Post Number: 2
Okay Jordan, I will officially ignore everything you say. You are incompetent of answering a simple question without sounding like a total mom's basement dwelling philistine and avoiding the point completely. Props to Mr. Funny and Cool 2009!

As far as budget goes, I am getting it from a pawn shop, so that really isn't important to me. The one here is huge and has a really wide selection with really good deals. I really just need some numbers as far as wattage, ohms, and one or two. Some models to look out for would come in handy as well. I'll worry about the case sensitive stuff like the box and all of that when I get a sub that matches the specs of my amp.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7170
im willing to bet that pawn shop budget will stretch a lot further on the internet.. and actually get you some good equipment worth spending some money on

personally.. i'd never buy from a pawnshop.. unless its an actual brand worth a damn.. and most of the times they won't know what it is and consider it a no name and sell it cheaper

if you want to deal with the pawn shop tho.. pawn your amp.. and whatever else you have.. and bring that budget here.. otherwise it is pointless for you to upgrade with that amp

New HavenUSA

Post Number: 3
JL aint worth a damn? Please, stop being so ignorant B&B Loan is a really good pawn shop and they know their stuff there. They have an expert for every section of the store. I suppose I will just ask them since this forum is so worthless. If my amp sucks bad why would the pawn shop even want it? Thanks for nothing.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1926
hahaha dude...chilllllll out! Jack Skellington is just tryin to give you some advice, take it or leave it. the amp you currently have will be able to power something..

so lets start back at the beginning...

Whats your budget?

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1558
dude if you cant accept advice GTFO. go to your pawn shop and buy a bunch of sh!t dont say we didnt tell ya

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7174
pawn shops only have one goal.. make money..

they are going to buy any mainstream sh!t they can that everyone has heard of just to sell it

and as far as jl.. your just buying the name.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1895
Anyone that people assume is an expert will be able to sell whatever crap they want.

I went into a local pawn shop and found some old xtant amps that were literally falling apart. One was just a board with no case.

I sold my alpine type-r 10s to a pawn shop because they would buy them. They were messed UP, and on their way to completely failing soon. The box was falling apart too. I got some cash and found out they were purchased by someone else within the day for twice what I got. I would have never been able to sell two messed up fugly 10" subs on this forum and felt good about myself.

I also had a pawn shop argue that when I said thousands of watts I meant peak. They also carried 1/0 that looked like 4 guage.

Why ask for advice and get angry when people try to help? Maybe they aren't answering your question because they're trying to go above and beyond what you asked.

New HavenUSA

Post Number: 4
Well I went and got what I was looking for. I picked up two MTX blue thunder legend subs in a box in exchange for my old trumpet. They seem pretty decent, what do you guys think? The pawn shop I am talking about is a Fort Wayne landmark and has a VERY good reputation and it has been around for over 50 years.The dude who ran the car audio department also works at a place in town that installs and sells car audio. He hooked them up to an amp behind the counter, he even used the same model I have and even managed to answer all of my questions without talking crap about my amp. All I have to say is I was driving around with The Game all day and they sound good, they are powerful, and I practically stole them. I was getting angry because it seemed like no one was really adding any input to my questions. What's wrong with JL Mr. Skellington? What do you use?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us