Speakers for my truck

Silver Member
Username: Jd93kid

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 129
i just got an s10 and i want to load it up. I need speakers for it and i would like to not have to have an amp for them, but if it would be so much better to get one i will. I am getting a sub.. I need speakers that will play mids and highs.. suggestions please!

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 130
ok... well, since no one has answered.. I have another question.. if i am getting a hu with a built in amp could i just keep the stock speakers for now? if so how would that work?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5054
depends on how powerful the amp is Jordan. But for stock speakers or any other kind of coaxial speaker the HU power is fine for them. If you get a comp set thats when you need an external amplifier.

check out CDT speakers (and talk to exige on this forum about them, hes a dealer)

hertz HCX165 is great speaker

Image Dynamics CTX65

i thought you were getting the s10? now your selling it?

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 157
no we have two.. haha.. we're selling one and i'm keeping one ha..

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5056
oh i see haha. well those are all good coaxial speakers that i provided above.

If i were you i would get the hertz HCX165... i have heard them and realized they are very nice. Quite beefy and have a strong mid bass to them... probably one of the better coaxials out there.. all reviews are good about them too

Silver Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 158
ok.. cool.. will i need an amp for the hertz hcx165 speakers or can they run off the hu

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5064
after looking at them they look to be 100rms = too much for hu power. You would need an amp with them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us