Sub help plzz!

Username: Ryan1988

Post Number: 2
i am pretty new to car audio and i have a few questions...i really want a set up of 4 12" subwoofers so i bought a box that was made to fit my 2000 explorer...idk if that was a good idea but i am pretty heart set on this set up. i would like some input. i know i can really go over 1000 rms on a stock car. so my question is will the 4 12's be louder than 2 15's on the same power? i know it has a lot to do with the setup but in general if everything was the same brand and power would the 12's be louders because of more cone area?

i was thinking 4 alpine type r's on about 1200 watts rms...?? i would really like some to help me build a system with 4 12's cus i like how it looks and i already bought the box lol

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7153
not enough power for 4 type rs..

4 12s will be louder on the same power.. but for the money.. a pair of 15s will get plenty loud on 1200rms and be lighter on the pocket

Post Number: 3
well im not concerned about the money issue...can you recomend 4 12" subs that total 1200w rms? thank you for your help

Post Number: 4
well im not concerned about the money issue...can you recomend 4 12" subs that total 1200w rms? thank you for your help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us