What to do!?!?

Username: Mittens08

Post Number: 10
okk so i have 2 15inch american bass dx subwoofers and i like them dont get me wrong but i miss the clean sounding punch of 12s...i have an american bass 1080 watt amp...what 12s should i get...in the price range of 300 and the rms rating on the amp is 300-500 watts...ne ideas r welcome

thanks!!

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7146
pair of IDQs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
where can i find those and how much???

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11993
It depends on what final ohm load you need but one of these will work. hopefully your amp is at least 500 rms because i have one of these and they dont come alive at 150 rms.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p2034/IDQ12V2D2--Image-Dynamics-12"-IDQ-Dual-2-Ohm-Subwoofer.htm

http://www.woofersetc.com/p2035/IDQ12V2D4--Image-Dynamics-12"-IDQ-Dual-4-Ohm-Subwoofer.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
thanks!! ive never heard of image dynamics r they good woofers...i was looking into a pair of kicker cvrs or maybe JL W3s...i jus want it to have a nice clean crisp bass but still gets loud

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11994
Yes they are good woofers and they will sound much better than the cvr's or jl w3's. Crisp clean bass you will have and they hit low too.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11995
What ohm is your amp stable to? id assume 4 ohms since its a 2 channel. If so you would want two dual 4 ohms. And make sure to wire the subs like this....

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard/2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
okk ill def look into them then...ive heard a single JL W3 and it was nice for even 1 12 lol but ill def look into it...but ya its only 4ohm stable ive tried wiring it into 2 ohm and it jus kicks into protect mode

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10636
Smaller sub diamater does not equal a different sound.... different size subs of the same model will all sound the same, just the more cone area the louder... stick with the 15s. some people just don't get that.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11996
If you want better sound quality get the image dynamics. And build a ported box to specs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
ok well im thinkin i might trade them for 2 cvr 12s...i like my 15s but im underpowering them plus its not a clean crips hard hitting bass jus sloopy n low lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us