Help sub acting funny in box

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 674
ok i had an 03 sonoma thats got totaled out now i got a jeep cherokee sport and im using the same box i had before witch is vented to about 33hz but now it sounds like its getting to much air and having a bad sound when i turn it up i didnt have this problem before and when i cover up the vent it stops making the sound should i ditch the box and make a new one and make it sealed or keep it vented

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3742
is it port noise? What is you sub/amp?

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 675
its not port nosie cuse it never made this nosie till its been in this jeep for about a month and im running a hifonics brutus bx2005d and 10" cerwin vega vmax its a nice little setup and hits pretty good but now is making this noise and its pissing me off so i need to get it fixed soon sub is rated @ 1000rms and its getting about 600rms right now i dont have the amp turned up all the way

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5034
it could be an air leak? turn it up to when you hear the noise and then go to the box and feel around every side of the box to see if you feel any air leakage...

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 676
ok ill check that tonight i wouldnt doubt it i built the box and been using the box about a year now but if i dont find anything then guess im gonna have to go back to the drawing board so to say. and it hits real nice everyone thinks i have more than a single 10" in the back

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 2039
My box did the same thing and I cracked the front baffle :-( air would gush out and sound like gargabe on every bass hit.

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 677
well guys thanks for the help found out the front baffle snapped a screw and thats what was causeing the noise and i pulled the sub to check inside too come to find out my friends kids dumped some paper in to the port for fun and when i was rotating the box checking for leaks out comes my pliers and elc tape thats been missing for a few days but i got it all fixed up now

PS you would be surprised on the performance of this sub i got it online and after shipping it was still under $100.00
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us