How much can you really tell?

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1523
how much can you really tell the difference between a 12 15 and 18?ive had 2 different single 15 setups and i really love how they sound. ive never heard an 18 and every 12 setup ive heard sucks but thats because no one around has good stuff lol but i got a new car and i cant fit a 15 because of the height restrictions. but id do a single 15 if i could in a heartbeat. so i guess i was juss wondering if a single 12 juss can get deep like 15s do? and i guess another question would be is there any way i could make a slanted box so i could fit a sealed 15? thanks guys

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11976
If you really like 15's go for it you can make a slanted box to fit it. Or you could even fire it straight up.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#wed

Gold Member

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1524
sweet man thanks i am goin to do that haha

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11978
Your Welcome.

Gold Member

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1525
wated be a nice 15 thatd sound nice and low and have nice sq in a sealed box? or would i have to port it have anice low end?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11980
You know if sq is your main goal go with an image dynamic idmax 12 in a sealed box it will hit the lows too.

Gold Member

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1526
yea but those idmaxs are so expensive. i want good sq but i juss wanna make sure the sub a has a nice full low end all while being sealed. can any sub do that under 400?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11981
How about a diamond audio d6. Or a diamond audio d9 tdx.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diy-mobile-audio/545-looking-great-12-sq-subwoofer-new-install.html

"M5 were very good subs in their time... the new D6 (aka M6MkII) is a far much better subwoofer, even better than their then top of the line MacDaddy...

The Diamond Audio D9 TDX bested the IDMAX in "subjective" SQ tests over ICIX in both sealed & vented enclosures. Taking 2nd to none other than the JLw7...

IMHO, I am beginning to think the Diamond D6 is a better SQ sub than the D9 TDX...

The D6 can even be used in Free Air setups with as little as 75watts... I would not recommend more than 150watts...

Just some insight on a Driver that hardly gets any time on forums."

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11982
No better yet go with an fi q.

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154a82696d9c3e4/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0030_Q/product_overview.shopscript

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10627
" i want good sq but i juss wanna make sure the sub a has a nice full low end all while being sealed. can any sub do that under 400? "

Fi Q. Is exactly what you want.

Gold Member

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1527
would it take 1000rms or would it want more? i have an ed nine.1 but im prolly not goin to upgrade my electrical so i dont wanna put too much power on my stock alt.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7143
pair of RE SE 12s sealed will hit the lows.. hit a lot lower than i expected

you can get a pair of those for under 400 and be great on 1000rms

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10630
1000w is the max recommend rms power for a Q

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11983
If you dont want to upgrade your electrical id stick with something that requires less than a 1000 watts. Stick with a single re se.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

15 FI BL SAZ- 1500=Boom, New Jersey Jerzee Playa

Post Number: 665
I had a 9.1 with a 15 FI Q tuned to 28 Sounded great, the output will surprise you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us