How much is too much?

Silver Member
Username: Jordon32990

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 181
I know from experience that Type R's can handle a decent amount over rated power handling.

What about the Type X? Anyone ever had any testing with them?

I'm flirting with the idea of putting 2 Type X 12's on a SAZ3000D.

Too much?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10628
I wouldnt give those much more than 1k each

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1889
x2. They don't really like more power. Sealed they sound great imo, but I'd go with another sub if you want to do 1500 a piece.

Silver Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 182
Ok, well i would hate to try it and fry $600+ in subs so I will wait for someone else with the curiosity to put it to test.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3011
Jordon do you have the juice to supply a 3k amp? If you don't let me know what happens to your amp.

Silver Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 183
I wasn't going to test them in my car.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1890
I put one on a Memphis 4kw at 2 ohms before. It didn't like it. I could really only get the same audible output as I could with a smaller amp rated at 1300 @ 2ohms before thermal issues. I'm sure it could have done much better for burps, but for daily listening there's no benefit in having more than 1000w for this sub imo. It's really meant for sq anyway.

I liked the additional output of a ported box, but I think if I ever use it again I will go around 1.25-1.5ft sealed.

I was going to throw one in my tahoe @ 8 ohms, but it would still be getting like 2.5 its rated power handling, and I know it would be damaged very quickly at that rate.

Silver Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 184
I have had one in a slot ported box 1.75 cft tuned to 32 hz if I remember right. Never pushed it beyond 1,000 watts. But sounded terrific where it was at.
Got rid of it before I ever did any experimenting on it, so curiousity was killing me.

Silver Member
Username: Jd93kid

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 107
hey, ok.. i have a kind of random question but i saw it mentioned above.. what exactly is a burping a sub?

Also i had a type r and experimented a tad with it and the voice coiled burned up.. i wasnt as experienced back then.. and i'm still not but better than i was.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us