Dc level 4 or rd alpha?

Silver Member
Username: Ridicbass07060

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 157
in terms of output which on would get louder off of 1200-1500 watts?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3721
Depends on which Aplha and DV LvlL 4..And what options, colis ect. ?

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11552
daily use or competition use?

Silver Member

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 158
daily use. the new alphas that steve is selling at jaw dropping prices or a regular level 4 not the xl. i dont know what kind of options it has. ill find out though

Gold Member

Post Number: 3722
i imagine they would both be loud as h3ll on that power.. Sean or scott has the experience with DC Sounds equipment. I have listened to a few setups and was more than impressed with them.. I own Alpha 18's so if I were to choose them, it would be a biased opinion. Maybe Sean will chime in to give you a more educated opinion. I don't think you could go wrong with either, and I know the Alpha could handle a lot more clean power if done right... Also the enclosure and install will have a lot to do with it as well.

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 749
The Alpha V.3 is not a burp subwoofer, It is a daily ground pounder.

If you are looking for something to burp we have other subs. The new Alpha v.3 Is a subwoofer for tuning it low and beating on it everyday.

It comes stock now with a 8 layer flat wind and
HW cone. They will get loud but if you were going to use this in SPL you would want to use them in street beat.

Silver Member

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 159
thanks mark... yea i was gonna sell my two twelves and get 1 15 inch alpha but not many people are interested except for one guy who wants to trade me a dv lvl 4. i always wanted to try one out and i heard really good things about them. just wanted to make sure it would get as loud as the alpha 15 because i actually heard an alpha on 1800 watts and it was godly haha ill probably give the level 4 like 1200 and port it if this trade goes through. any other opinions would be great

Silver Member

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 160
yea i want daily and i def want an alpha but no one wants to buy my subs :-( so the lvl 4 trade is just a second option

Gold Member

Post Number: 3729
Good luck with the DC.... I personally would go with the Alpha, but I understand that you are having trouble selling the 12's and that would be the quickest way to get the new system going. Post pics and vids with whatever you go with.

Silver Member

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 161
thanks for the advice mark. yea if i get these sold thats what im going to go with but either way ill def get pics vids and reviews of which ever set up i choose.

Bronze Member
Username: Loudainteasy

Post Number: 42
Get the DC sub. It will have a higher resale value in a few months.

Silver Member

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 163
good point

Gold Member

Post Number: 3732
you can get a sub with a better resale value(and that usually means it cost more to begin with), but if you are truely satisfied with the sub, then why sale it? Plus if you sale lacally then either subs value are usually higher than what you can do on the internet... Not saying not to get the DC. I want to tinker with the LvL 5's myself, just making the point that if you pay less for a sub on here, then sale locally for a lot more, then which is the better deal? Trust me when I say that when people are looking to buy locally and you have a sub like the Alpha, to demo for em, they will quickly know that it is a far better sub than what they find in the local stores...

Bronze Member
Username: Loudainteasy

Post Number: 43

quote:

if you are truely satisfied with the sub, then why sale it?

You've never changed from subs that you were happy with? Everyone wants something different every now and then.

quote:

Trust me when I say that when people are looking to buy locally and you have a sub like the Alpha, to demo for em, they will quickly know that it is a far better sub than what they find in the local stores...

But the moment they get online and see the same sub you just sold them for double what they can get it for online, they will come for you.

The Alpha is a great sub, just the value is slowly slipping away.

Also, I don't know about where you live, but it is hard selling a sub that isn't kicker or any name brand for over $100.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 2034
The RD subs are great subs; however, I've been trying to sell 2x12" Elite SPL subs and 2x15' Alphas locally/online for about a year now and the 15"s have never seen power......most people that look at my stuff think $150 from futureshop will be just as good..

:/

Gold Member

Post Number: 3733
i'm not disagreeing with you. Yes I understand about upgrading. I'm selling my 18's locally, to get the 15's HW. Mine are the V.2's which are different than the V.3's That's my story and i'm sticking to it! lol

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2121
i would get the dc and yes you could probably sell the dc faster than the rd. the dc is a great daliy sub. as far as sound the dc will play better all around and it will take your power no problem.

oh and what was the price on the new alpha? wait i found it. thats the same price as the dc sub shipped.so this drop jaw pricing is the same as the everyday price of the dc through me.

Bronze Member
Username: A12voltman80

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 58
Alpha is a 8 layer flat coil. i think the dc you are talking about is a round wire is it not? If you want the flat coil don't you have to pay extra?

Too bad rusty got cold feet on sending in product for the 15" challenge even though he said he was going to.

Then you would not have to ask this question as you could have looked at the results.

Gold Member

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2123
true but the rms rating is virtually the same and a round wire coil will sound better. look at all the sq subs out there. besides the cutomer service from rusty is second to none.

Silver Member

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 164
thanks for all of the input guys. that really helped a lot. wie will see if this guy comes through on this trade.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Www.rdaudio.net, GA USA

Post Number: 2609
Scott,

Please explain to me how round wire sounds better. I would really like to know this.

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 340
will take the dc sub hands down

Gold Member

Www.rdaudio.net, GA USA

Post Number: 2610
????

Bronze Member
Username: Roman_noodles

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 75
Come on Mr. Scott answer Kevins question here, cause I too am wondering this. I want to know how round sounds better. You opened your mouth lets go. time to learn everyone.

Gold Member

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2129
this was based on my personal opinion and some reading off of other sites soley. ibelieve it had something to do with transfer. not 100% sure if i am wrong then i am wrong.

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 77
Opinons are not to be said in public on a car audio forum where people come to learn retard. I can tell you right now your statement is 100% false. Like I said in other thread you are what is wrong with car audio you piece of sh!t.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4213
if people dont want opinions then why the fu.ck would they come to a forum? scott likes the way round wire coil subs sound over alum flatwind. maybe scott has had the lvl 4 with round wire and the with flatwind and liked the way the round wire sound better? so please stop spamming up threads trying to prove how smart you are jesus. let people have an opinion please. and if scott is whats wrong with car audio then you are right there with him. jesus christ.

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 79
I'm sorry, but when you answer a thread with the response, "what I read of other sites", it doesn't help no one. What if a retard as Scott wrote that? Blah blah blah. I'm right and, thats all folks.

Gold Member

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2131
i have and thank you sir

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2998
this site sucks as*.

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 341
this site is full of morons.

Gold Member

Www.rdaudio.net, GA USA

Post Number: 2613
Well this went in the wrong direction. I think I am going to stay at carstereoforum.net .

Kevin

PS: Round or flat doesn't change the sound :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Re_xxx

Green River, Wyoming U.S.A

Post Number: 67
LOL.....

Wow...............

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 3088
So uhh...

Anyone going to see "The Goods" this friday? I'm thinking about it.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1914
^^^ I am...looks hilarious

people are just excited about the savings
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us