Stetsom , Soundigital , Starsound ...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15332
have any1 on here used or been around any ?

seems to be 3 of the very most powerful spl amps around these days ...

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11967
My bro has two soundigital 8 k amps. How much power are you looking for this time? They are coming out with a 16k haha.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5029
16k... wow haha

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1704
star sound?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15334
yup http://www.starsound.co.za/html/amplifiers.html

go to iasca site to see the crazy scores those south african folks r doing ....

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1884
price and availability make them less popular than other brands here in the states. I was going to go with cactus sounds or starsound a while back but I could find similar power for much cheaper.

Silver Member
Username: Cdb004

I got 6 12s 153.1 daily

Post Number: 102
A 16k would be nice for the van, but would be very worried bout reliability lots of heat and power supplies in there thats why most companies dont go much over 8-10 thousand.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 2035
I've heard good things about Stetsom for being beaty burping amps but you have to get them custom done to what ohm you plan on using.
Like if you get an amp from them made for burping and you listen to music on it you will fry it.

I've seen Soundigital stuff online (Canadian Car Audio) but all their results and tests seems to be from their own reps and for such a small amp they claim tons of power..........Just my opinion

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11970
My brother tested his soundigital 8 k's and they do rated power.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 2036
@Sean

Sweet, that's a crap ton of power : )

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 752
I very good was to get an amplifier tested is from cogent audio labs.

They test any and all from 10.8-16v they test for distortion, thermal and anything else you can think of.

The do all the PAS mag testing and testing for USACI

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2122
stetsom and soundigital are some killer amps. yes i have 2 sd 8k's and are doing very well with them. current score with 2-12's is a 156.2 sealed on the dash car off. 2 batts

rovin if int. i am upgrading soon and will give you a good price on the 2 8k's.

Bronze Member
Username: A12voltman80

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 59
no they are not killer amps. Nobody runs them amps daily except a couple people.

They are a fad. Setsom has already started to disappear. Just because an amp can do 8,000 watts for a few seconds does not make it rms wattage. I would love to see an actual lab test these amps to see what kind of rms power they do and how much power they produce after the first couple seconds and how hot they get.

Look at a DDlv2 if you want a real 8k amplifier.

Gold Member

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2124
i ran my amps for hours on saturday demoing for people and the fans never even came on. barely warm to the touch. fad huh? hows 6500 rms off of a nsb90 .25 rise to 1.7 and at 10.5v

oh and did they ever find anyone to repair those ddlv2's yet?

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1705
lulz scott :-)

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2993
burned mike williams pretty bad right there.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15339
stetsom is the 1 who is breaking all the spl records these days ....

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 785

quote:

rovin if int. i am upgrading soon and will give you a good price on the 2 8k's.

Hmmm, interesting. How much for one? If Rovin doesn't grab them I MIGHT be interested in one.

I need moar powa!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Roman_noodles

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 71
Good burp amps, but daily is not so good. I would really like to see actual wattage and THD test. Stetsom was the same sh!t, came in for SPL and that was all it is good for. Why else would they have fell off the map.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11973
Too bad your wrong John ive seen the soundigital in action.

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 72
What does it do with load and not peak old numbers at what THD since you have seen it? I have seen Boss in action, doesn't mean sh!t tho. Those amps do not give clean power, the end. That is why they are not suited for daily. Having it hooked up in your car all the time for burps is not daily. daily means driving around full volume no issues. I have seen and smelt what Stetsom does to subs with equal power to a Zenon based amp. Zenon is better quality and cleaner at rated period. The SD and Stetsom are off same platform.

Gold Member

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2125
for one the stetsom and sd amps are not on the same platform. the zenon boards are good quality but answer this question. whats the warranty on the zenon board? whats the warranty on a sd amp?
zenon you blow one up its on you . sd you blow one up and it gets fixed under warranty. sd warrantys the amps for 5yrs for normal ind. if you are a competitor on team sd you get a lifetime warranty. its seems they believe that the quality is pretty good. i have my amps in my jeep as we speak running daily. how do you know its not clean power? now lets compare efficiency 2-rd 3250 vs a sd 8k. rd's strapped at 1ohm 5300rms drop to 11.6 now the sd(only 1) 6500rms drop to 10.5v same batts. spl numbers 152.8 rd 154.0 sd so who has the cleaner power.

Gold Member

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2126
pm sent wicked

Bronze Member

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 61
scott you are a pric_k just like they say over on the IASCA forum.

Bronze Member

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 62
nut hugger = someone who rides the dick of a company and or shoots down anything that is not the company they run. also known as a dick swinger.

Gold Member

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2127
what the hell are you talking about? pri*k? i try to help anyone i can and as far as the hugger comment. dont see how but i was defending more than one company.besides you want to comment on amps you have no knowledge on. so i privided some info thats all and you get pissy.

ps i did consider a ddlv2 but the comment straight from dd made me not consider them any more.

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 73
Scott, now you are showing how stupid you really are. What is load AFTER rise? you do realize you will not see the same rise correct? I bet you didn't know that, because a true competitor would list after rise loads when comparing products you tupid fu*k. Please, lets se some true real world clamps on the amp. I want proof, cause numbers mean nothing.

And you are a true to the bone nut hugger. I see your other post in the DC vs RD thread and waiting on your answer in there.,I understand loving and supporting companies you run but you go beyond by far. So out of curiousity, does rusty d!ck gag you while Murillos is balls deep? <<<<< proves you are defending 2 companies

Bronze Member

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 63
I read this forum a good bit. i also talk to a bunch of guys over in Iasca.

You cut down anything that you are not dealing with. You then swear up and down the companies you do deal with are supreme.
If they are the greatest thing in car audio why do they not hold many records? Why do the competitor communities not flock to these SUPER brands?

Your opinions are very biased to say the least. There is no greatest this or that or there would be a monopoly company.

If someone says DC is complete bs and my subwoofers broke you do not need to run to the rescue and say NO WAY MAN there the best in the world and you just do not know what you are talking about.

I have been in audio way to many years to see many fads come and go. Dc would not even send subwoofers they agreed to send.
I think that was from fear that others would outperform and it would damage sales. Most forum companies are build on a group of nut huggers and not off of actual performance. fads always come and go.

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 74
Mike, I agree with ya 100%. We need to have a beer.

Scott is a pr!ck by far and is a true nut hugger. DC is good stuff, but take the d!ck out your mouth every now and then. DC didn't send their subs in because he seen the big boys showed up. I wonder why he uses slugs to gain linear throw, which is a cheaper way to gain linear movement. So don't go there boyfriend, you don't know shitz.

Gold Member

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2128
mike- i would truely love to know on the iasca comment because if its true that hurts bro. i am very passionate about the companys i use and if i come off that way then i am sorry. yes i agree there is no supreme co. out there. its all in what works best for the the application. if i did actually cut another co. down then i will apolgize asap as i did not intend it to be that way. as for the 15 challenge cant answer that one but i would have been more than happy to send matt 1 of my subs.

john- you sir are a a** just google the sd or stetsom power test they are already online. also my boxrise is always within .1 to .2 every time i compete. i do clamp every burp but what truely counts are the numbers on the board sir.

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 76
Hahahahaha. Don't forget I am (an) a**. I don't have to, I have full use with Stetsom. Sorry not the SD. I have to see more than your word since on the last post in the DC RD thread is based on what you READ, not actual proof or events. That is what is wrong with car audio now, people like you talking sh!t on what they have read or heard. Jezzzzz your credibility is shot to sh!t.

Gold Member

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2130
my clamp results are done by 3 world champions a**. you wanna talk to them or we can just prove it the lanes? i truely wish i could meet up with you some day.

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 78
No you don't, I would slap you. Have them come in here and defend your honor little girl. I have 5 WC's that will prove you wrong. Hold on, let me go create 5 screen name

Gold Member

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2132
numbers dont lie bro and why do you gotta get physical. i would sooner have you talk to them directly.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4214
john quack who are you? im sorry i may have missed the sarcasm, do you compete and do you have 5 wrs?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15340
what da hell is going on here ......

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1912
werd Rovin...

double you tee eff!

Bronze Member

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 64
this went to a whole new level. No need for threats on the forum.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20910
Welcome to the internet. Please hold onto the bar and keep all hands and feet inside at all times. If you spit out your gum, remember it may become someone else's......

Enjoy the ride.........

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2997
jon quack and mike williams ftmfl. I thought jon quack was with PAP designs? where's their records. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 871
I have no experience with SoundDigital, but I believe Mach5Audio is the NorthAmerican distro, so they should have some info if you want to email them and find out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us