Someone help?

Username: Nbhumphrey

Post Number: 2
i have a 94 f-150 and i put 2 10 inch dynex subs runnin off a DHD Power Crusier MTX-2009 Amp and KENWOOD KDC-222 deck in it. but whenever i hit a bump or anything like that my subs will cut on or off does anyone know why this is happening and how i could fix it?

someone said it could be loose RCA's or ground but i checked those and they're fine... but they said something about it could be from playing cd's? how?

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20892
Does it only miss hitting when you're using you're HU's cd player or all the time?

Post Number: 3
im not really sure i pretty much stay with CD's but how would that be the problem? and it works fine when im just sitting in my driveway

Bronze Member
Username: Jd93kid

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 96
is it just the subs that cut off.. or all the speakers?

Post Number: 4
ok i just went out and tested the radio and i still cuts off... this is really startin to piss me off

Post Number: 5
and its just the subs, everything else works fine

Bronze Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 97
hmm.. well it sounds like some sort of loose wiring.. but i couldnt tell you where.. I'm not really a car audio veteran. Sorry i couldnt help

Post Number: 6
i've checked everything, i've even cut the ends of the wires to try and get a better connection and the didn't work either

Bronze Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 98
did you check the connections on both ends.. the receiver end and the speaker end?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20894
Sounds like something could be loose in the amp as well. If it works well in your driveway then (lightly) bump/tap your amp while playing something. Then wiggle all your wires and cables. When/if it cuts out you'll isolate the problem. Work your way back to your HU.

And I mentioned CDs because some HUs have a sh1tty anti-skip function. Bumps in the road and bass will cause it to skip like good ole 300lb Aunt Bertha dancing next to an old fashioned record player. But if it's just the bass one would guess it's not the source but connections.

Post Number: 7
yeah and the door speakers are starting to go in and out now too

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3862
are you running everything off of the same amp? subs and door speakers?

Post Number: 8
no... i'm just runnin the subs off the amp

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20898
Then focus on th HU and connection from/to it. How old is the deck and has it been through WW4?

Post Number: 9
the deck is only 2-3 years old and i'm pretty sure it hasn'e been there WW4 and all the connections from the HUI are tight... but i was workin on it and they cut off and i hit the box and the came back on when i did that... but only for a second

Bronze Member
Username: Cal1089

Post Number: 46
could be your remote wire messing up in the harness.? probably the cd player sometimes chit just goes man. or the rcas are loose in the cd player

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3866
you hit the sub box? check your speaker wires

Post Number: 10
i checked that... but i'm just gonna rip it all out and put it in my car... but i need a converter

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
anyone know where i can get a good converter for not too much?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us