Sub with best SQ within this list

Username: Bandieramonte

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I'm facing serious difficulties on subwoofer availability, and have a very narrow list of choices. I've researched and found out that these subs aren't intended for SQ. Still, one sub brand must excel out of this list in SQ:

Polk Audio Sr-124-Dvc
Rockford Fosgate T112d4
Kicker CVX 12''
Powerbass 3XL-12D

Those are unfortunately the only brands I got available in this parts. Please help me choose the brand from within those that would:
1) Manage better the transient notes, that is, to blend swiftly onto them
2) Have good frequency response
3) Be punchy and tight, not sloppy

That is my definition of SQ, so as to help you to make up my choice. I understand that those subs are not good at doing those 3 things, but still, some of those must be the best in SQ from between them.

Thanks a lot.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11927
My guess would be the Polk Audio Sr-124.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10607
None of those are good SQ subs. But limited to those choices I'd have to go with polk.

Post Number: 2
I've just realized that Polk's availability here has just extinguished and now I'm left with the rest of the choices. I'm very sorry, my mistake. However, to not let this happen again, I've just right now confirmed enough availability on the rest of the subs. So the list has shrunk as follows:

Rockford Fosgate T112d4
Kicker CVX 12''
Powerbass 3XL-12D

Same question. Best SQ from them?

(what a pity that the best from them, Polk is just the one whose supplies were scarce )

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11930
Cant you buy from an internet store. You would have more choices that would better fit what your looking for.

Post Number: 3
Sean, I appreciate your idea for internet buying, but believe me, the situation I'm in is complicated, it's very political, and I don't want to go into details, since it's unnecessary and I've already considered every possibility. I only have those choices left.

I would also appreciate a lot if I would receive opinions regarding their SQ; even if they're bad at SQ, one of those three must be the lesser worse at SQ, to put it that way. Which one would it be?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11933
The next best sub would probably be the Rockford Fosgate T112d4

Silver Member
Username: Msand951

San jacinto, Ca Usa

Post Number: 128
I heard two of those powerbass xl in a civic with a XTA-1500D amp. and it sounded good.

Bronze Member
Username: Abaddon_baliel

Muncie, IN USA

Post Number: 12
I don't expect a response from this, but I wonder what political situation doesn't permit internet buying/selling of car audio sub woofers? Very curious..

Post Number: 4
Josh, I live in Venezuela, and the government is seriously restricting the international trade, and this touches everything on trading including internet. This is a complicated topic, so please let's keep this thread focused.

Thanks M.S. , Sean and Mike Sand for sharing opinions. Anyone else with knowledge on these sub brands care to share?

Username: Splguy1989

Post Number: 7
ive heard the powerbass teams show truck with 3 3xl 12's, i think he said tuning was 32hz, clean and loud as sh!t

amp was the older model powerbass 3000watt, not sure model number

they are nice sql woofers

Post Number: 8
ohh didnt see, next id say Tl 12 from what i hear

Post Number: 6
It seems that the T112d4 is the next step after the polk sub within the list I posted, though some have affirmed that the powerbass sounds good too. But leaving the polk out of the equation, the bias seemed more in favor to the T112d4 than to the powerbass.

I guess I should go with the RF T112d4 over powerbass 3XL-12D then.

Thanks everyone

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
I believe the T1 12's are pretty good, but i have type r's, and ppl said it would be no upgrade from the r's

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7113
Honestly I'd do the powerbass from that list..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
x2

id say PB first, rockford 2nd

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15325
id pick RF ...

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3702
D@mn Gian, you type and illiterate in almost perfect English. I'm impressed. That being said my choice would be the less expensive of the PB and the RF as well as what ever would have the best chance of being replaced (warranty)due to failure. The SQ of your sub(s) will have a lot to do with the enclosure design and install. I know that I am not picking one sub over another as you requested, but they will both be fairly similar. That being said, I would look for the better deal between the two. Good Luck.

Post Number: 7
I'm pleased to announce that fortunately enough, I could find an extra polk Sr-124-Dvc to complete my dual subwoofer combo, and will buy them! I read plenty of reviews stating how good their sound quality is superior to the Rockfords and Kickers, that, together with your initial suggestions (M.S. and Sean), I concluded that polk must be superior in SQ to the rest of the subs being mentioned in this thread.

They will probably have less SPL than dual PB 3XL-12D, but they should have more SQ, which is my mayor concern. My previous subwoofer system consisted of dual Kicker CVR 15''. My new one will have less SPL right?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11977
Yes you will have less spl.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us