Components Recommendations

Username: Runninredline

Post Number: 2
So let me just get this out of the way by saying, I'm a noob about car audio. Don't get me wrong I wired my whole system and attempted tuning it. I'm mechanically inclined and have the basic idea down when it comes to car audio.

I'm a huge fan of SQ like most audio nuts are, well the ones that can still hear past their SPL days. I currently have the Polk DB 6.5" components running upfront getting approx 110w. They sound great the tweeter isn't too overpowering or sharp. The woofers have a pretty good bass range, but alas I want better.

I was kind of hoping to dip my feet into 3-way components. Somewhere in the range of $500. The brands I've been looking at are Focal (I really like the concept of the inverted tweeter), DLS, and Rainbow. I would like something that is well balanced. Also I've heard that with 3 way components it's hard to get "phasing" and imaging done right. I really kinda like trial and error and tinkering with things so if anyone knows of a website that could instruct me of properly doing it I would love that information. Also if the census is that 3-way would be too difficult and 2-way would sounds just as good I wouldn't be opposed to that either.

Thanks for the help!

Bronze Member
Username: Arsenault_denis

Post Number: 18
I've only heard good things about Rainbow and DLS. But I couldn't comment on any of them for lack of actually hearing them. Well, I'm not much help.

I could be quite a challenge to properly setup a 3 way to get a very nice front stage, but I see it as a personal goal more than anything. I think you'd feel better about yourself going 3 instead of just going 2 and wondering what a 3 way could have been.

and that advice can be taken in more ways than 1.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us