Trying to figure out what to do for a box and amp

Username: Claud

Post Number: 1
I have a rockford fosgate 360 amp with 2 10" kenwood subs in a sealed box. im looking to add another sub, a 12" kenwood kfc, i was wondering what someone would reccomend as a good amp to put with the 12" kenwood kfc, and also what kind of box to put it in, bandpass or ported. im trying to make the car next to me vibrate when i roll up ha

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11915
Adding a 12 wont do much to make the system louder. Plus it will change the ohm load the amp sees giving you less power. Making a ported box for your two 10's will give you about 3 db more output which is what I would do in your case.

Username: Spy

Upstate NY

Post Number: 1
Are you looking to add the 12" to the 10" subs or replace the 10's with the 12?

Bronze Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 67
^^ x2 on ported

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15316
try porting the box or totally build a whole new system .....

Post Number: 2
im adding it to the 10's im getting a completely separate amp (kenwood KAC 8104d 1000 watt) to run the 1 12. im not sure if ill need a compacitor if im going to be running 2 amps but my guess is ill need one?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3698
Do not mix and match the subs... Buy 1 or 2 more of the 10's if you want to add to that setup.. I have never like KW subs..... at all. If you could sell your subs/amp and put that money with your current budget, we could recommend an inexpensive setup that would be a drastic improvement over you current setup...

If you already have power wire ran and a HU and if you could build your own box, then a decent lilttle 1000-1200 wrms 2-12" setup could be done easily for less than $500.. You could probably save a little by doing a single 15" setup on 750-1200 wrms if you would like. I could give you a box design for either setup for free. If you really want to do it as cheap as possible, then build you a ported box to spec's for the 2-10's that you already have and it would be a noticable difference.

Username: Spy

Upstate NY

Post Number: 4
^^exactly what I was going to say^^

Post Number: 3
yeah send me a box design for the 2 10's i have

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3699
i would need to know what model they are.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us