Power capacitor

Bronze Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Ga. United States

Post Number: 95
can someone forward me to a website that tells exactly what a capacitor does, ive seen it posted on here or either caraudio.com..
i wanna show my cousin so he can know why NOT to buy one. I dont wanna pass knowledge when i dont know everything about it.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1895
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/capacitors.html

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20871
There is no substitute for charging.

Like a bank account. There may be money in there to handle the immediate demand but if you spend more than your earn you will eventually fall short.

It's all about finances.

Bronze Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Ga. United States

Post Number: 96
thanks.. and can you guys give me a few more things to tell him on why not to get one that arent located on glasswolfs discussion page..

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11907
How about the money it costs for a cap can go toward a proper charging system instead of wasting your money.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20873
They are just bling bling toys for the MOST part. They have a function and aren't "worthless" but it won't solve ANY improper charging system. Lights dimming or voltage drop means a difference in production and usage of power. Your battery is just a "buffer", used to maintain voltage as well as it can against demand.

IMO I'd rather do the big three and buy a bigger alt and batt than buy a cap.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11910
In the right case doing the big three can do as much as a cap.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2087
u get get an smaller battery for the same price as most caps, and that would help

and its the same price

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1896
"thanks.. and can you guys give me a few more things to tell him on why not to get one that arent located on glasswolfs discussion page.."

why?? thats more than enough info to steer me away from them.

but on another note, most of the time at the big stores (BestBuy) they "teach" their "employees" that a cap will help the dimming. its just a bandaid. also it puts more strain on the alt cause instead of just powering the system and normal functions of the car, adding the cap means the alt has to charge that as well...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us