Enclosure for my 1542D 15" type r please

Username: Absami

Post Number: 1
I would prefer a wedge shaped ported enclosure...i need to know what would be the optimal size for the enclosure so that the bass is good for all sorts of music....

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3683
http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_SWR-1542D.PDF

everything you need to know

Post Number: 2
i dont undstand port size in it...can u explain is easy terms....

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5026
try this:

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

what dont you understand about port size? in order for your desired tuning frequency (in hz) the port has to be a certain length

Post Number: 3
in that pdf file....which one is heigh,depth and width? and how far from the back wall do i turn the port?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3696
There is a reason they didn't mark each length with a L,W,or H... The measurements you want to use as Length, width or height, would depend on the configuration of your enclosure and space needed to put the enclosure in your ride. If you are doing sub rear/port rear, then you could do 20"w x16.5" Hx19.5"D.. Your porty would be15" Hx 1.5"w x27"L However wide the port is (ex. 1.5" ) will be where you 90 degree the port from the rear baffle. Meaning 1.5" from the rear wall of box is where the port would turn. I hope that makes sense. I would consider doubling up the front baffle thickness for added support (as well as internal bracing).

Post Number: 4
got it! i want the port to be circular 4 inches diameter so what should be the length for the above recommended size i.e. 15x1.5x27

Username: Spy

Upstate NY

Post Number: 5
go to www.psp-inc.com and check out their calculator to get your port length, you just need to enter the desired net vol of the enclosure, size and number of ports and the desired tuning freq.

Post Number: 5
whats the best frequency for a balanced sound? i mostly listen to trance, house, electo etc but i would like to set something which gives overall good performance for all sorts of music

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15322
imho 33\34hz .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us