Kickin to pertection b4 sound and not + or - cables!

Username: Dhudson

Post Number: 1
ya i got a kenwood ps200t amp. its running 2 10" kickers in box. the setup worked mint in my last truck very clean crisp and never a problem. i hooked up in my new truck and no i didnt have cable powered on install! but the amp turns on (green light on) and after a couple seconds the pertection light kicks on(red light). im using same cables and deck, ect. is this thing shorted on the out put side or am i just over looking something easy that would make a guy drink a few bublies laughing at his own stupidity! let me know if u got any ideas! oh ya im bridging the amp to the subs same way as in other truck.

Bronze Member
Username: Lance86

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 37
unplug your speakers and see if the protect light is on, try the same with your rcas. if your ground and power wire touched, check your inline fuse, it might not be totaly blown, but sending just enough juice for the protect light to be on.

Post Number: 2
ya i did all that even hooked up amp seperate to battery not in vehical with direct + to remote, no fuse on power and no speekers. the green lights on for maybe 3-4 sec then kicks to red or protection mode.

Bronze Member
Username: Lance86

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 39
take the cover off of your amp and see if there are any scorched marks on the circuits and if there is gone. that is all that I can think of

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10621
Yeah, if you disconnected speakers and it still goes into protect, that amps done

Post Number: 3
thx guys. bought new amp, back to goodness!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us