Dual Component System

Username: Abaddon_baliel

Muncie, IN USA

Post Number: 3
Currently I have a complete JL Audio system in my 95 Eclipse, but I'm redoing the interior for car shows and I'm adding carbon fiber kick panels (that's the panels by your feet close to the pedals) that have molding for a 6.5" component system.

So how would it sound if I got another JL Audio 6.5" component system and installed it in the kick panels as well? Currently I have the 6.5" component system installed in the door with the 6.5" speaker in the factory location and the .5" dome tweeter mounted where the mirror adjustment lever would be were it manual adjustment (mine's power).

would it be overkill? Sound like sh!t? Should I forget it and just get regular cf panels without the speaker molding? would it help the sound quality?

I listen to metal if this helps.

Bronze Member
Username: Xxemoxx

Hermosa beach, Cali

Post Number: 15
it will be bright, i like the jl componets, they sound tight with the bright tweeter i personally enjoy, i am running mb quart Q's in the front of my truck and have actually heard people with hatchbacks running dual 6.5 sets. Its loud but clean, depending on your cars acoustics though you might not like the sound. How about you remove the speakers from the door, and place them in the kick panels?!

Thats always an option otherwise i think you will be just fine, alot of it is all personal pref.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us