Capacitor Questions

Username: Jsowell

Easley, SC United States

Post Number: 1
I am going to run 2 sets of MB quart 5.25' speakers(400W total RMS), 1 set of Clarion 6.5's(170W total RMS), 1 set of Clarion 6x9's(180W total RMS), and 2 10' AudioBahn subs(800W total RMS). I have 3 Amps one 4-channel 4200W amp and two 2-channel 2600W's. I'm going to be bridging the 2600W amps to run everything other than the 6x9's and the subs. Then running the subs off the 4200W Amp. Do I need a capacitor, and is it advised to run the 6x9's with the subs, if I want to focus on the high frequencies of them, or should I run them along with the other speakers and run the subs by themselves?
Thanks!

Username: Jsowell

Easley, SC United States

Post Number: 2
Correction, I'm going to run the Clarion 6.5's and 400W RMS MB Quarts off of the 4-channel amp, the 2 10' subs off the 4200W 2-channel amp, and the 2 6x9's as well as an 8' sub off the other amp. Do I need a capacitor?

Bronze Member
Username: Lance86

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 33
haha buddy I think your problem is going to start with your alt and your wiring long before you think about capacitors. I would suggest if you dont have a HO alt and your grounds 2/0 awg (big 3) to do so soon cause you cant drive at night with no lights haha

Username: Lvxingjia01

no way to solove this questions

Username: Subwoofer1000

Eugene, Oregon United States

You have 10k watts and your on door speakers? I think your dreamin bud.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, MI USA

Post Number: 12439
capacitors don't do anything. they are a marketing gimmick.
if your charging system can't handle the load, upgrade the wiring, alternator, and batteries.
The way to find out what's needed is to install the system and see what happens.

Most of the gear you chose is entry level, and a lot of it is very over-rated. You won't be pushing anywhere close to the amount of power you've stated. You'll probably be closer to about 1500 watts RMS, at the impedances you'll present with those speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us