Standard cab truck installs?

Bronze Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 54
I have a 92 sonoma standard cab with a bench seat and i was just just wondering if anyone had a similar setup running subs behind the seat?

right now i have my box sitting on the passenger side and its fine if i don't have anyone riding with me, but its pretty cramped if someone is. i have a JL 10w6 and i was thinking about getting two 8s or a different 10 to put behind the seat instead, any suggestions?

i have ~1.4 cuft and ~5" mounting depth while still being able to sit comfortably

Silver Member
Username: Dangeranger

Ohio United States

Post Number: 106
ive said this a few times on here. throw in some bucket seats and do a counsel box. It will sound much better than behind. Is it a 60/40 split bench or a true bench seat?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3001
agree with adam.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Its a true bench seat. unfortunately. finding some bucket seats is on the to-do list.

What would be a good 10 to run on 300rms? Mostly looking for sql $250 budget, less would be best of course

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 700
is that for box,amp,sub???? or just sub?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Just sub. I have a rockford fosgate P200.2 (birth sheet says 289rms @ 2ohm bridged, max 759) and i can build a box

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7081
just go to the junkyard and grab some buckets.. and do a console..

if you've been wanting to do buckets anyway.. why not use this as a good opportunity to pull the trigger

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
about how much cuft can you get from a console box? like 3(guesstimating)? cuz i'd really like to build a 6th order bandpass if there's enough room

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7082
i'd just stick to a down fire or front fire ported box

a single ported 12 would not be a prob.. or two ported 10s.. you can make it as big as you want.. just depends on how good it would look as the larger you go

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
I just figured that a bandpass box is generally about one and a half times bigger than an average ported box, so a single 10 could fit nicely and still get a good amount of power from the amp and not be under powered.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3672
If you are going to be able to go with a bigger enclosure, I would look into a bigger amp to accommodate a better sub.. I can't see going through all that trouble to put that small of an amp on a substage that should be able to handle more, especially with a $250 sub budget. My $.02

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Yeah i was just thinking about that. i'm gunna try to sell some stuff and get an audioque 1200 so i can run something with 1000-1300 rms. either a single 10 or a single 12. it all depends on how much space i will have once i get the bucket seats.

Possibly Fi Q or one of those new rd alphas, or a DD 2500 series but i don't know how much the DDs are...

opinions please

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Dangeranger

Ohio United States

Post Number: 107
I have 1.7 cubes in my counsel, My seats are kind of big so you could get away with more if you grab the right seats.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us