Would 6.5" components in front AND back doors be overkill?

Username: Arsenault_denis

Post Number: 10
I'm trying to plan out my stereo build and am wondering if it would be overkill on the high frequency range to install components in the front and back doors of my hatchback? Or maybe amplify the fronts and have the backs powered by the HU? Any input is appreciated. My main goal is to have clean, crisp, balanced sound over a wide frequency range.

I will also have 1 12" sub in the trunk running around 350 to 500 RMS. (haven't decided which sub I'm getting yet)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Just to add to this I'm only building a mid range system and am looking at the Infinity reference 6.5" components or the Boston Acoustics s60 6.5" components.

I've had the Infinity reference before and loved them, but I'm thinking of trying something different this time. Anyone have opinions on these 2 sets? or maybe suggest another component set in that price range?

Thanks,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
So I guess I'm talking to myself here. I went in a totally different direction and found a good deal on Diamond Audio D6 6.5" components with silk tweets. Since I put down a bit more money than my initial budget, I'm gonna forget about the back doors and keep the factory speakers for now.

Username: Rgp12000

Post Number: 3
well, nowadays people usually only have speakers in front so as to not confuse the soundstage. this is to clarify imaging. besides, pinpointing where a flute is in an orchestra in front of you would be one heck of a job to do if you had another flute playing behind you.

Try listening to IASCA or tester cd's, the newer ones usually will only test the sound stage in front.

Username: 813thumper

Tampa, FL United States

Post Number: 6
I have the Diamond D6's and they have been really great. I paired them with the Diamond D3's in the back of my car and the sound is great.

Im about to upgrade to the Focal K2P's tho because my subs are just too over powering for what the Diamonds can handle

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 775
Front comps, back sub, that's all you need.

It's better to buy one nice set than two sh*tty ones.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us