My Mom needs some speakers

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3972
Whats up everyone.. My Mom is sick of the crappy speakers in her car and gave me a budget of $100 dollars to find some new speakers. I'd say no more than $120 though. I've been looking but cant really decide on what to get. It's a 1996 Toyota Corolla. I installed my old Pioneer 3800 in it also. The front speakers are 4'' and the rear are 6 3/4''(I'm sure I could make 6 1/2'' work too). I'm not gonna do any modding to the front so 4'' is what it's going to have to be.

I've been looking at either a set of Alpine Type S all the way around, Infinity Reference, or some Polks. I can get a whole set of Polk's off eBay for about 120 shipped, so I'm leaning towards that since I like Polk speakers. So if you guys can give me some more suggestions and help me decide what to get that would be great.

Thanks guys.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 3048

quote:

I've been looking at either a set of garbage all the way around, garbage, or some more garbage

:-)
What style of music does she listen to? Since you are powering off the radio, you wont need speakers that can handle much power.
If she likes more of a natural sound, powerbass makes some of the best speakers for your budget.
If she likes brighter highs, then clarion would be the way to go.

Working in a shop I see and play with many different brands, and these are just my findings.

Gold Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 1193
which powerbass speakers are you refering too?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3973
lol Nick. None of those are trash. I like the sounds from Polks, I'll take a look at powerbass and clarion.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 3049
I never liked the sound of polks or the infinity speakers. There are just better products out there for the price.

The powerbass speakers I am referring to are the "L" series.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us