First system

Bronze Member
Username: Jd93kid

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 32
What was your first system? Did you like it?

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20843
150w Jensen amp powering this mess in the back of my 88 camaro. Happy? To tell you the truth the premium Bose system the car came with hit better lol.

Upload

Upload

This was 15 years ago so be nice. Most of you were how old then...................?

I did up it to two Kenwood 12's in my box off a 300w drive series amp shortly after. MUCH better!

No pics.

Username: Eeee

Post Number: 4
My first system was a Goblin. Go buy one. You can get one for about 15k USD.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1865
Old school Alpine type-r 10s sealed off around 600 rms. They were only 300rms back then so it was a good match.
Got the whole setup including wire for like 150 or something (can't remember, it was cheap). For the money it was nice. Not loud, but nice.

Bronze Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 34
haha nice this is my first system.. yeah yeah call me a noob.. or whatever.. I have a 15" type r with alpine mrp-m850 amp and bose stereo.. I dont really like the bose that much but it does for now..

Silver Member
Username: Jordon32990

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 140
My first system consisted of 2 15" Type R's D4 in ported box with Audiobahn A1500HCQ...
The dumbest part of the system was running 5 awg Scosche power wire...

The wire never fried though... Amazing, I know.
But all in all it was a great system. Could have been better, wish I could go back and fix... well... everything about it installation wise.

Bronze Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 38
Ha.. Yeah.. I feel ya.. Had a few friends make those mistakes.. Luckily they corrected them before anything went too wrong ha

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1662
My first setup was 2 15" RF Series 1's in the factory ported box ran off a LA Sound Laguna four channel amp. Sounded pretty good in my '93 Mustang hatchback. Even with that setup I blew 3 alts in less than a year. Good thing they were still under warranty. NAPA even gave me higher amp alt for free the last time it died.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3635
2-15" Savard Raps Sealed- WTF is ported?
2 (mismatched) pyrmid amps
iirc had a Rockwood 7 band eq /20watt booster f@ck. I may have tried to wire into amps lol
jvc cassette player
more mids and hiugh speakers than i knew what to do with including two Majestic 2 way (lap speakers) Yes if you rode in the front seat they had to ride on your lap... . Didn't have a clue wtf an ohm was. Was usually soused on 2 bottles of MD 20/20 Kiwi-lime or orange jubilee. To this day I will puke if I even smell either.. Those we the days.... 1989 iirc
1977 3/4 Ton Dodge Adventurer club cab P/u. Lettered <Heavy Metal II>

Silver Member
Username: Dangeranger

Ohio United States

Post Number: 103
mine was pretty pathetic, I had 1 10 sony explod with 1 10 jensen, with a 4 channel kenwood amp, with 8 gauge wiring lol. Also amp wasn't mounted and it was a prefab sealed box. I know pitiful lol but hey better than nothing well almost nothing

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 244
I had a panasonic head unit that came with the truck, $20 durabrand(walmart) 6x9's in sealed boxes, a lightning audio 12 on a 150wrms amp(overrated and probably did like 120). It got pretty loud compared to what my friends had at the time. I remember one friend had 4 6.5" speakers in a sealed box and 2 10's all in the back of his suv. Sounded like crap but it banged.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11537
What was it like growing up during the first World War Paul and Brockman?
:-)
Just kidding guys. My first system was a 12" Fi SSD off a Hifonics 1206d with a set of Crystal cpe comps off a Profile AP600 with a Pioneer 7800 HU. I did pretty good for my first systeem compared to some of you guys lol. Ecoustics saved me a good deal of money lol

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7040
my first system which was free was two mtx thunder 4000 10s sealed off a 1200w legacy 4 channel bridged for 2 channels

did well..

first setup i bought was two SX 15"s off two cerwin vega exl1000ds

Bronze Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 41
Wow, well some of yall had some pretty nice first systems. Others not so much ha. but it just makes me feel better about mine haha so keep them comin

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 871
my first setup was a JVC deck with a pair of Pioneer IMPP 10's in a ported box with a california 2 channel amp. 2 sets of no name 6.5 coax's in a 1980 210 dautsun.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3968
I think we had a thread like this a couple months ago..

MTX 7500 in a prefab
Rockford P6002

Bronze Member

Brandon, MS U.S.

Post Number: 46
O sorry if you did.. I'm a new member.. I just wanted to see what yall's were compared to mine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us