Hdc3 12's???

Username: Glock40

Post Number: 1
alright i had 2 l7 12's on prd1000.1, and a box i built 5.5cu @ 40hz,and they would make my big crack on my window, get bigger and bigger when u turned it up, (YET NO SQ) ,the whole system got stole lil over a month ago

i just want to be for sure that 2 hdc3 12's with aq2200, will be louder, than the l7 12's with only 1000rms, almost the same box and same vehichle, 2000 malibu

and the hdc3' has to have at least some better sq than solo-barics right?

thankyou, really wanting new setup, upgraded spl and sq

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10582
Install dependent. Do it right and it should be better

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2037
i think that the hdc3 subs are all around better, but in ur box who knows!

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1847
i would install a car alarm or some sort of security for your vehicle if you havent done so already.

also, M.S. proves a good point. the quality of the sound depends mostly on the quality of the install. You can make a $1000 sub sound like a wal mart sub if you put it in a sh!tty prefab box. with all subwoofers, always build the enclosure to the manufactures specs.

what kind of sound are you lookin for? were the L7s loud enough but just without any SQ? whats your budget?

Post Number: 2
really about, 1000$ for 2 good 12's and amp, cause i aint got anything now but head unit and alpine and polk speakers.

and yes abarca, the l7's was loud enoungh, but with no sq, i want some thing at least as loud as them, and any better sq, from compared to what im used to lol

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3688
From personal use the Audioques are not SQ speakers by any means. They are low cost, low RMS spl speakers and thats about it. Not hating on AQ, but if your looking for clean bass its not with them.

I will say I would much rather have 2 hdc 12s over L7 12s... but I would never put myself in that position. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Excursion

Post Number: 45
jake i have seen a audioque hd3 12 ran on 2200 rms daily and burped on 4000. the only thing with a low rms value here is you.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2040
a few weeks ago a guy at a comp burped just shy of 10k watts to a pair of sd2.5s
just a short burp but still i was amazed that it held togather.
if u want more SQ i would look at the fi BL or even the Q

but with the hdc3 ur still getting a good deal for the amount of money it cost

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3690
"jake i have seen a audioque hd3 12 ran on 2200 rms daily and burped on 4000. the only thing with a low rms value here is you."

Ive burped type Rs with 2500rms and that makes them SPL speakers? wrong. I dont even understand the low rms value thing so I cant really comment bro.

BLK, they are a low RMS spl sub. Just because you can toss "10k" to a pair of them for a few seconds doesnt mean they are made to take that. Like I said im not hating on the AQ line but they are not designed like a DD 99xx or treo csx for example. All high RMS SPL subs but also cost 3x as much.

Lets not even debate that they are SQ woofers. 90% of people on this forum have never heard an sound quality system.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7031
Do these people forget what RMS is?

Continuous power.. see what happens to the subs when you run your burp power on them for longer than 3-4secs.

They are low rms.. and the OP is looking for a daily setup. Not a burp setup so that information added was irrelevant.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 737
This place is becoming CA.com. I see it more and more everyday.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1848
to the OP, with $1000 to work with, you can find something better than the AQ's. Jake Papa proves a good point about the audioque's not being much of a SQ driver. with 2krms, and looking for loud and SQ, i would look into the Fi Q's, SS RL-p, RE SE, or even Type-r's for a budget system. theres many many others to choose from.

another question, were you lookin for 12's or maybe lookin to step up to 15's??? And what vehicle is this going in?

Silver Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 166
Maybe the guys in USACI streetbeat classes haven't got the word yet that they are low rms and can't handle burp power for more then 3-4 seconds

The HDC3's were the loudest subs in the world in last years USACI world finals in SB3 which is on 30 seconds of music. They have the loudest recorded score ever this year 158.xx in SB3 on 30 second runs. They didn't lose a single sub or have to recone.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7033
Comp and Daily are two different worlds.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3691
Thank you for pointing out yet another SPL comp score.
From AQ's website..
HDC12
Cost- 229
Cont. power-1000w

Question of that day... what does that make it?
A low cost, low RMS, SPL woofer.

Nick, welcome to the forum... Its a joke.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1852
the OP isnt looking for a comp-type setup... i dont understand why everyone is riding on the HDC3 in this thread when its obviously the wrong sub for this application...

Bronze Member
Username: Roman_noodles

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 70
DJ,

So you are going to post this bullsh!t? Jake has already stated that is SPL. It doesn't matter what sub you put in there its all on install and owner. You continue showing me how naive you are.

I know a few people like myself who ran these subs and over 2000 rms they like to fall apart at lower frequency's. Remember, 30 hz and 50hz is a different ball game on a woofer.

Lets ask thorshammer why we switched from AQ to DC. Ask him how many subs he went through being a high power daily car with AQ's haha.

To the OP, f*ck AQ, grab something worth a sh!t. The prices are different for a reason. AQ is inferior to the american build brands as DC, DD, Fi, IA, RD, and so on.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Www.rdaudio.net, GA USA

Post Number: 2604
Some hostility I see, and yes CA.com without mods.

If you want help without the bichin, go here www.carstereoforum.net It is moderated :-)

Kevin

PS: I agree with Jake totally!

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3695
Haha kevin I usually try and avoid the hostility, this one came to me.

I like DC.. not many people use them on ecoustics but they have a good product at a fair price.

Gold Member

Www.rdaudio.net, GA USA

Post Number: 2605
I know you do, just trying to be funny :-) I'm just not on forums as much anymore and when I am, I am on CSF more.

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 167
The streat beat division in USACI is the daily driver class that's why they call it street beat.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2043
this thread makes me sad

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1853
john quack, that was a lil uncalled for but whatevs its an online forum.

Bronze Member
Username: Excursion

Post Number: 47
i can't believe i agree with kevin holden about something. find another forum, these guys are idiots.
http://www.caraudioforum.com/

Gold Member

Www.rdaudio.net, GA USA

Post Number: 2606
It may be street beat, but the loud guys still tune their boxes where the car peaks and run a bass song with a staight frequency where they peak.

Just a little FYI for you :-)

Kevin

Post Number: 7
srry bout the prob......ppl

i want some thing that will slams on the lows, and good for metal, rock, and rap, but i want to try to still be as loud as my stolen l7's lol, but new setup will also be about double rms so they might

i was leaning towards, 2 FI Q 12's, or 2 RL-p 12's

wat about those

Post Number: 8
will the 2 fi q 12's, hit the lows very good, and sound good on any music????

my box plan is 5cu @ 30hz, cause i love lows, and my solo-barics gave me no lows, just head pounding bass

maybe on aq2200, really need more opinions to see if this is what i need be4 i spend all the money, thanks

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

AQ HDC315Elemental De...

Post Number: 160
For one, on the 1000rms listed on AQ's site, that is "real power" that the sub is actually getting when in a box. No matter what 2000 - 2500 rms amp you have, even if it puts out rated power it is going to be in the lower 1000's after impedence rise. Aluminum coil AQ's are made in the US, the same fkin warehouse as DD. I have heard my friends 12' Bl in two different vehicles on 1200rms and a pair of 18' Q's on 2000rms, as well as a pair of 18's btls on about 4000rms. After my friend heard my hdc315 he sold the bl and got the hdc. the bl was also tuned to 33hz while mine is tuned to 37, and the lows on my were all as good on the same power except for the extreme low bass that you never find in music. and yes i am taking in to account i have a 15 which is naturally louder than a 12 due to cone area just comparing output across the span of around 25 to 60 hz. also with the btl, i heard that system when it was just one 18 on 2000rms tuned to 35hz and vs my hdc on the 2200, the lows were not a great deal better whatsoever. sound quality is subjective but from the fi fanboys i know they said nothing in disregard to the sq of the hdc's and i along with some of my friends def prefer the sq of the hdc. you can run a aluminum coil hdc on up to 3000 daily, i have mine on the 2200 now, and bump full tilt for hours with no problems. also y do u think rd lowered their prices? their quality was nothing better than dd's or aluminum coiled aq's it is the fkin name your paying for and now they are trying to compete with aq. its not like suddenly they lowered their quality, in the past you were paying a ton extra for no reason. you do get what you pay for, but in some cases only to a certain extent.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2084
i do have an aq2200 for sale

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3684
the hdc setups i've heard sounded good.. for what they were.. I wouldn't say that they were SQ orientated but I would have no problem running them for a daily setup. They definately get loud.

A Couple of RD Sonances on an AQ2200 would sound great (again- if the box is built to specs for the sub) and get loud.

or 2 IDMAX's on the same amp.

there are 100's of different ways that would work on that budget

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3719
"i do have an aq2200 for sale"
Get that

"A Couple of RD Sonances on an AQ2200 would sound great"
I have 6 BNIB 12" sonance V2 dual 4s im try to sell $120 shipped each.

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

AQ HDC315Elemental De...

Post Number: 161
What my point was, no the hdc is not a perfect sq sub, but it does sound good and get very loud, in my opinion and among others it sounds better than the bl. and since it has a much stronger motor, it will get louder than the bl on even 1200rms. its the as, when people say if u have 1200 - 1500rms to work with get a dd 35 series not the 95. on that power the 95 will still be louder because of the strong motor. so dont be misleaded nick. the bl is not a bad choice at all and i still promote fi because they are great subs, aq/dd is just my preference and im just putting out the facts that i can stand by because i have heard all their models except for the ssd and x.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2962
i wish I could find the old HD3 :-(

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2085
what size hd3 do u want? i know a few people that have them for sale if u really think they are that amazing

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11911
For what you want Nick go with something other than the hdc. As long as you get a comparable sub youll have your lows with good sq and your spl. In terms of spl the aq might be 1-2 db louder than any decent sub you might choose meant for your power in a proper install.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11549
Word to Papa, Holden, Jack/Kevin, and Sean.

+1 post for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us