Back in the Mobile Audio scene and looking for advice

Username: Arsenault_denis

Post Number: 7
Hey all,

after 4 years out of the mobile audio world I'm coming back and looking for advice. Just bought a 2002 Mazda Protege 5 and want to overhaul the stereo system. First up the HU.

I used to have a mid range Eclipse HU (possibly a 2005 model). It had quite some nice features like strong pre-amp outs, crossover settings, phase control, etc... typical Eclipse features. I looked again at their website and today's models seem just great with the usb port, ipod connection as well as all the other features I'm accustomed to.

Question: Is Eclipse still a major player in good quality Head Units? Are there other companies that I could be looking at?

Thanks,

Oh and What's up with all the posts about batteries being disconnected resulting in the stereos not working and getting car codes??

Post Number: 8
4 days with no replies? This used to be a popular forum. Where's everyone at?

Anyway to bump my original question and ask another question: Is there a big dirrefence between 2V and 4V preouts?? The Alipne 9887 is a nice HU with 4V but has no USB input. So, I found the Alpine iDA-X305 but it only has 2V preouts.

Bronze Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 12
I think theres a difference, the higher the volts the better the sound, with better noise resistance. As for the iDA-x305,its a digital media receiver so u cant play cds in it. dont no if thats an issue for u? With the 9887, i do beleive u can get an adapter that hooks up to the cd changer connect that will give you a usb input.

Post Number: 9
Yeah I can live with loading a USB stick with songs instead of burning a pile of mp3 CD's. But since the 9887 has higher preouts, I'm really leaning towards that one more right now. I'll have to find that adapter and see what that's all about.

thanks,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us