Best amp for my 2 12w6v2's JL slash 1000.1 or hifonics 2000.1

Username: 03eclipse

Post Number: 8
ok so i got 2 12w6v2s going in my trunk the car is a convertible so i need alot of power to hear it in front of the car... i can get the hifonics on the internet for around 300 shipped (the 2008 model and maybe the 2010 too)

i found a guy who has a NEW JL amp slash 1000.1 he will sell it to me for $350 AND throw in a stinger compositor, he lost his job and need cash fast, he is a good guy. he had a jl amp that broke, when he send it in for repair they lost it and gave him a new one but it took forever for them to make good on losing his amp, so he bought a dif. in the mean time. so this one has never been used still in the original box...

i also have a extra battery (red top) i will mounting in the trunk but i will be keeping the stock alternator, i know the hifoinics is stronger then it needs to be but i doubt i will have 14 volts going to it i bet its more like 12.5 - 13 and i can just turn the gain down

and another thing to think about is those subs the w6's are DVC subs so i can only run them at 4 or 1 ohm the JL amp is only good from 4 to 1.5 ohm so i hope it will make a 1000 watts at 4 ohm with less them 14 volts

i want this to be really loud i want to set off car alarms when i pass by, the subs will be in a ported box

i will be buy an amp on thursday so please help asap

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 239
The JL amp would be of higher quality than a hifonics amp. The w6v2 rms is 400w so a 2000wrms amp would most likely kill them. I would get the JL if you were only considering those 2 amps.
Also if you use your red top as a deep cycle battery it will decrease the lifespan, it is a starting battery not a deep cycle. With only 1000wrms you should not need a second battery(but then again idk what your alternator is).

Post Number: 9
not that it makes a huge diffference but it does make a little one, I think the 12w6v2 subs are each 600watt rms. so thats 1200, if the hifonics puts out onlu 1700 oor so at 1 ohm then i was thinking with my cars factor alt. i might not get 14 volts all the time and maybe that would lower the finnal out put of the hifonics too. to 1500-1700watts together the sybs will take 1200 if not a little more, would i just keep the gain down alittle and call it aday...

i am leaning toward the jl amp just cause i'm getting such a good deal

Bronze Member
Username: Lance86

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 24
the slash would fall short of 1200rms unless they are underated. IMO i would rather have a little too much than not enough. I would go with the hifonics 1610 brutus. it rated at 1600wrms at 1OHm and its a little over rated so you would be right in the ballpark of your 1200rms at 1ohm with the 12.4 volts off your batt

Post Number: 10
k i bought the amp ( the JL 1000.1 amp) the guy sold it to me for 350 bucks new in the box factory sealed un-used it was unbelievable, if i hook it up and they don't sound good i can sell the amp for more then i bought it for,

i want the 2 12w6v2's i have to go in a ported box.

built for my trunk... the shop say 1.5 cubic feet per sub is needed. its going to have 2 slot ports/vents ether on the sides of the subs or under them... has anyone build or seen these preform in a ported box built to different specs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us